Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm changing coolant this morning and Clymer says to remove the reserve tank for cleaning,but I can't figure out how to remove it.Is it really necessary to remove the reserve tank?:confused:Any suggestions? Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
What year Wing do you have??

·
Registered
145 Posts
I'm changing coolant this morning and Clymer says to remove the reserve tank for cleaning,but I can't figure out how to remove it.Is it really necessary to remove the reserve tank?:confused:Any suggestions? Thanks!
billybob,
when I had my 1500 I changed the coolant and did not remove the reserve tank. I did flush it out before I filled the radiator back up with the coolant. I had the Honda shop manual and I don't recall it saying to remove the resivor. You might check with the Honda shop service dept. I did the same on my current 1800.

·
Registered
405 Posts
What about just leaving it alone and pump the old coolant out of the tank and be done with it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just drained the radiator,and refilled with premix from the Honda shop,without removing the resivoir.I did'nt want to tear it all down.Thanks for the help-this forum is great!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts