Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi gang. I'm contemplating changing over to led's. Mainly turn signals and stop/tail lights. I have the numbers for the conventional bulbs,
front turn- 1034
rear turn- 1073
stop/tail- 1157
Are these correct?

I went to the "superbrite" web site and looked up the equivalent led for the 1157 bulb. The problem is they list several different numbers for that equivalent, not sure which one I need to order.

So my main question is: does anyone have a list of led numbers needed for the lights I listed above for my 82 1100?
The reason I want to convert to led is I just picked up a pair of halogen, 3" 55w white fog lights and don't want to overload my electrical system. I will be removing the 55w halogen bulbs and put in 35w halogen bulbs.
Thanks in advance.
P.S. I did do a search on this forum and did not get the answers.

·
Premium Member
17,174 Posts
Several years ago I bought what were supposed to be the correct bulbs replacements at a bike show. (expensive) sadly they were a tad to small and were loose in the socket.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that heads up Ron, so in others words don't just pick one from the list because it may not fit properly.
I'm sure some one here has done the conversion to an 82 and can tell me what led's to buy.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, I did some research on the "superbrite" web site and I think I found the correct led's for the turn and stop/tail lights. I attached pics of the ones I need. 3 of one and 2 of the other. Cost would be $74.54 for all 5.
If any one thinks that the led's pictured are not the correct ones, let me know.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
The only other thing to be aware of...... leds on turn signals.... you will need a different flasher for leds..... the smaller current draw will make the original flasher not work properly

Not a problem on any other positions

A

·
0 Posts
if you install LEDs in all of the other light positions, you can keep your 55 W headlights.

I would, seeing up front is way too important to downgrade it.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Azgl1800. I'm also going to remove the tail light bar (attachment} with led light strips that I picked up at walmart (attached).
So replacing standard turn and stop/tail with led and replacing standard tail light bar with led strips, will I still be good with the 55w halogen fog lights?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,094 Posts
why not use an led fog light

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
detdrbuzzard, One, I already bought the halogen fog lights and two, i heard that the led fog lights throw a wide path of light and not so much forward.
I will be using the halogen fog lights more for driving lights to light up the road better. At some point I'm also going to replace the head light with an h6042 sealed beam. I heard that they are much better than the stock head light that is on the bike now.
i have a long to do list for the bike so these lighting changes will be done as i can afford to do so.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have a 84 Wing and it has a stoplight indicator on the dash so I know if I have a stoplight out. I tried LEDs on the stoplight and the indicator stays on. I went back to standard bulbs until I find out what to do about the indicator.

·
Premium Member
23,672 Posts
I have a 84 Wing and it has a stoplight indicator on the dash so I know if I have a stoplight out. I tried LEDs on the stoplight and the indicator stays on. I went back to standard bulbs until I find out what to do about the indicator.
The power draw on LED's is so small compared to incandescent that your indicator is feeling nothing is going on back there when the brakes are applied.

·
Registered
43 Posts
The power draw on LED's is so small compared to incandescent that your indicator is feeling nothing is going on back there when the brakes are applied.

But how do I fix that? I don't want to put a load resistor in the circuit because that will defeat the idea of lightening the electrical load.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts