Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering a Goldwing purchase. I have called several dealers in my area (Eastern Va.) and have not had any luck finding one in stock to look at. In fact the last dealer I spoke to said the only way to see one was the internet and then place an order. What gives? Any suggestions? :confused:

·
Registered
402 Posts
Last time I was at our local dealership, they had three 2012s on the floor. Grab some cash and a flight and you can break it in on the ride back to Virginia. :D

·
Super Moderator
7,673 Posts
Come to Daytona Beach Florida. Daytona Fun Machines has five on the floor.

·
Banned
3,192 Posts

Welcome to the forum from Seattle.

I highly recommend the GWRRA groups (Goldwing Road Riders Association) to find folks who ride wings in your area. When you attend chapter meetings you will find friendly folks that ride the same motorcycle you do, and they know their motorcycle.

You can find a local chapter by going their website: http://www.gwrra.org

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
Six on the floor at Maxim Honda down here in Allen, Texas and a nice selection of pre-owned ones as well. Come on down!

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pa. Find another dealer and go get your Wing. Lots of them and prior year Wing available for sale. Ride safe and enjoy the forum..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just brought home my new Wing on Thursday (Agust 4th). My dealer (Hamburg Honda in Hamburg, NY) has mentioned difficulty getting bikes. They are a super dealer and travelled to find me one. I prefer to deal with local folks who you can establish a supportive relationship with, and that exists with Hamburg Honda. That said, the folks at Cycle World in New Jersey are really great to deal with and I would suggest a call to them. A long drive home from picking up the bike would be sweet. By the way, these are superb machines, and you won't be dissapointed. Good luck!

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello svk1200s, welcome to GWOF. rosenau powersport had two on the floor the last time i was there

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just boudt a 2010 4 months ago I went to Currie Chain Saw in Lumberton, NC

http://www.curriechainsaw.net/

They were very easy to work with. The price they have on the website is the correct price. all that was paid over this price was tax and tags. They should be easy to get to for you. Good Luck

·
Registered
219 Posts
Welcome to the forum
We have some here with our dealer, but i think the trip over the ocean is out of the question. :)
Good luck on your hunt, and by the way you have made a wise choice

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Welcome svk, ditto, find another dealer; this guy doesnèt seem to want to sell one anyway. Last one I sold I had to transfer in but I kept my customer happy.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re: Goldwing search

Thanks for all the replies and advice.
I think we have decided to rent a Goldwing for a weekend to give it a proper test. There is a rental agency in Richmond that has one.
If we like it well enough I'd consider traveling to make a purchase.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Buy used

If you are not in a hurry buy a slightly used bike for there are many men out there who don't use them and will be ready to sell. I hate to say this but a percentage of the owners buy one and realize it is too much for them. They dress them up with chrome and such and less then 20 K and 3 or 4 years they are ready to sell. If you are willing to fly or drive a state or two away and ride back you can save a bunch or money. If not HONDA of Norfolk is a good dealer and usually has a few bikes in the show room.

·
Registered
768 Posts
That is a great idea to rent one for a week, I bought mine recently and I haven't been in my car rain or shine from the day I brought my 2012 home. I can tell you you wont need a week to find out what we all know about the Goldwing.Good luck.

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
Welcome to GWOF , ride long stay safe , BTW this is my 100 post watch out Chopin I'm catching up

·
Registered
20 Posts
Renting is a great idea, That's what my wife and I did. Just a week later the Harley was gone and a shiny blue '12 wing was in the garage!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts