Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the Goldwing market. I am shopping for a Goldwing between a 2006 through 2008. Cost of course is always and issue but if any of these years is far better or has issues that any of you can educate me on I would greatly appreciate it. Many thanks!

·
Super Moderator
9,847 Posts
Hey, if your unsure, buy one of each.....l.. There is not a lot of difference between the 2006-08 models except colors. From what I've seen on this and other forums there are not a lot of problems. By 2006 the major problems (radiator and frame) were resolved. If you looking for a new Wing, there are still some 2008's out there on dealer floors that can be had. As long as the bike has had scheduled maint done and oil and filter changed at recommended intervals you are good to go.

Find a good one and ride safe...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. As you say, there are a few new 08's out there but thats still about $3-4K more than I can spend. I may be dreaming but hoping to find something in the $15-$16K range with no more than 10-20K miles on it.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Don't know about the market in your area, me being from Canada and all, but up here a 'clean' 2006 sells for $17,000; average around $15,000. '07s depending on model/option packages run from $17k up to $20k for a clean one, and then they drop about two to three grand for average. Our market prices are typically higher than yours (especially for the years you are looking at) so you should have no trouble finding a real decent '06 or '07 in your price range. It's been my experience that you will seldom come across a Wing that fits in the lower than average condition, and most will be in clean to mint. You do get what you pay for, but there are always good deals for those that are willing to do their homework. Hope ya find a beauty and ride happy and safe.

·
Super Moderator
9,847 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your input and encouragement. I might be wrong but from what I am gathering from various sources that the 2006 to 2008 Goldwings are a pretty reliable bike and no real issues with any of them. Thanks again!

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
06 to 08 are the same except for colors. 09 Honda put a tpms on it and XM radio

·
Super Moderator
9,847 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts