Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've ordered the HONPDSDR for the 04 but it won't be in for at least another 3 weeks and I am heading out from Vancouver BC to Grand Canyon on Friday and looking to hitch my IPod through the Aux connector for the trip.

Sometime ago, someone either showed the wiring method or gave a URL to such and I can't seem to find it. It showed the Ipod connector to the AUX (and the color codes to use).

Might any of you have an idea what the forum thread was or the URL displaying the wiring schematic/diagram?

Thanking you in advance for any assistance.

Jim

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think I found something similar. Its at

http://www.rattlebars.com/chetswing/audiofile.html

I have one of those adapters that allow you to hear your Ipod through the FM station, but its not very loud but I keep that connector as it powers the Ipod and then use the wiring example shown.

Any other recommendations would again be most welcomed.

Jim

·
Registered
154 Posts
I can't speak for an '04, but my '10 came with a aux plug/cable (dealer did not install it). Out came the left storage comparment in the fairing. Ran aux plug cable through factory hole in bottom of storage comparment, plugged end of aux cable into connector in factory wiring harness right under the storage compartment when it is in place.
Plugged jack into Ipod. Set sound system to AUX and Ipod now plays through factory system. Couple drawbacks - Ipod does not charge from bike and there is no remote control of the Ipod or display on the LCD. This setup works for me, for now.
Maybe it will work on your '04 until you get your HONPDSDR?
Rob

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
It workks that way on the 1800's, if you have an IPOD or MP3 player that will charge from a cig. lighter you can plug it into that adaptor in the same place as the AUX connection.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Joe,
Are you saying the other connector/plug in the harness, left side, where I plugged in the Aux Cable/Jack is for a cig lighter?
I bought a lighter to power the Ipod, radar detector or a GPS, but have yet to install it. It came with no directions and I have yet to spend any time to see where it connects electrically in my 1800. I do have the service manual, just need some time to dig into this.
If it does plug into the harness next to the Aux cable, where do you recommend mounting the lighter? I have no room on the fairing on the left side. I want to put a voltmeter on the right side in the blank plate area on the right so I do not want the lighter there.
Do most people mount the lighter inside one of the storage compartments? I know if I did it this way I would have to insure I could easily remove the storage pocket after and that it did not short out on anything metal underneath. I was thinking about mounting it horizontally with the back part of the lighter pointing towards the front of the bike?
Rob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts