Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2002 GL1800 with 28K. Love it too. I just have a concern that when leaning into a turn or even a little . I hear and feel what seems to be the rear drive gears . I've changed the lube and the old seemed clear of debris and clean . The front end when creeping to park or going slow seems like it flexes as well . It does have a clean title .
Thanks ,...219Zipper:confused:

·
Super Moderator
9,849 Posts
First , welcome to the forum from Pa. Not sure about the flex, but could the sound you hear be coming from the tires??

·
Premium Member
1,415 Posts
Just out of curiosity ! What does a clean title have to do with it ?

·
Super Moderator
11,796 Posts
First , welcome to the forum from Pa. Not sure about the flex, but could the sound you hear be coming from the tires??
Are the tires E3s? They howl in turns.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
1. What brand tires? As stated, some tire brands make noise when cornering!
2. For the front flex you feel. Put the bike on the center stand, jack up the front, so the tire is off the floor. Check to see if there is any for/aft or side to side "play" in the forks.
If so, I suspect a retorquing of the steering head bearings is in order or replacement w/AllBalls tapered bearings.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have a 2010 and the E 3 Tire will make noise when pushed HARD into a turn , if your fluid is clean you most likly only have the used bike jitters

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the ideas ,...The clean title statement was basically saying that the bike hasnt been wrecked or totaled . The tires are Cobra and have about 1500 miles on them. this weekend looks to be a good time to recheck the tourque on the front axel. That is after I get out of the deer stand.
I may pull the rear end out in a few days to go thru it . I use to ride Harleys so doing it myself will firmilurize me with the bike anyway . I will keep you all posted in case its a problem for others as well. Thanks everyone, have a great weekend ! 219Zipper

·
Registered
741 Posts
Welcome to the forum from California. Keep us updated. It sounds like tires to me so far.

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
Welcome to the forum!! Good luck with your '02. I have the same model and I always have some tire noise. There will be a lot of different whine, whistles and roars that are common to wings.

·
Banned
3,204 Posts

Welcome to the GWOF from Seattle.

If you post in your profile where you are from, we would be able to see that.

We like good ride reports complete with pictures.

If you are interested in a Goldwing Owners Group in your area, send me a PM as I have a directory of the finest.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Welcome to the site. Yup sounds like tires to me too. If you do anything with the rear end, make sure you re-grease the splines prior to reassembly.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts