Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are going to trike out our 1800 2008 Goldwing and would like opinions/pros & cons on the trike kits that are available.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I'm not a trike guy but those California Sidecar Trikes look the best to me. Get a copy of WingWorld for this month. It's dedicated to all you ever wanted to know about the different brands of trikes out there. Sounds like you should make it a must read.

·
Super Moderator
9,852 Posts
Welcome to the forum from the Keystone state. Lots of options and dealers out there for triking you Wing. (Lehman, Lone Star, Hannagan, Champion to name a few). I guess it comes down to preference and $$$. Pick what you like and enjoy what you pick. Ride safel..

·
Registered
132 Posts
I triked my 2006 navi just this last month. We looked at Champion, Road Smith and chose CSC. At the time CSC was offering "free" Ground Effects. It looks way cool and I have to admit I enjoy the compliments and people ogling it.

On the handling, the CSC touts independent suspension. It does corner very nicely. Who ever you buy, get the rake kit and upgraded brakes if offered. The 3M rock guard on the fenders is also a good idea.

CSC also offers an auxiliary fuel tank, we passed on that, $500 extra and we figured to stop for resting and gas anyway. Let me know if you have other ??????ss

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
It's been a few years since I had my Lehman, but I noticed that the 'easy steer' was a must.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I will not bore you w/all the details of an intensive 3yr+ quest to select the right conversion and installer for me.
I have rode, at length every major conversion, including those we sometimes refer to as "training wheels".
My conclusions:
1. Hannigan
a. IRS that oscillates, not just up/down
b. Differential that is in line w/ the Wings drive shaft, not off set.
c. The "ride" was the best for my wife and I.
d. Fit/finish and color match is unparalleled.
2. EZ steer was a must for me.
3. The installer is as important as the right conversion!
a. Talked to, visited, hung around many.
b. Chose LoneStar, even though I had several much closer to
me.
c. Installer choice has a lot to do with the fit/finish
You must made the choice based on what you like. Check out all you can.
Good luck,
Dawg

·
Registered
4 Posts
deputydawg, any pics of your conversion?
I'm considering a trike and looking at all the offers makes my head hurt.
I'm a good listener.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I'm not on to the pic posting yet! However, go to Hannigan's web sight and bring up the pic of the Gold Wing. It will be the dark red color and is an exact twin to mine.

·
Super Moderator
7,668 Posts
Welcome to the forum Agitator
The best think I can say is do your homework, take test rides at rallies and trike shops. I have my favorite and most would say different, I like Lehman Trikes. Do your research on the internet at the manufacturer's websites, visit the local dealer and take test rides.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts