Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seldom have a passenger on the back of my 2018 Wing but when I do, I'd like to be able to communicate with her. Right now the bike has plugs to accommodate head set. Does anyone have an idea of what it would cost to purchase the mike/ear piece. Also would I have to get a new helmet to make room for the mike/ear piece? I'm currently wearing Shohei 1000.

Thanks,

·
Super Moderator
12,069 Posts
Check out J&M, they have headsets that will fit in your helmet. Might even be someplace close that could install it for you.

Reactions: crownfire

·
Super Moderator
14,922 Posts
I'll second that. I have J&M sets for our helmets.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I am liquidating parts and equipment left over after the sale of my 2013, I have two corded sets with a an extra mic and one extra pair of speakers. The 2013 used a 5 pin lower, not sure if hat is the same on the newer models. I would let the whole mess go for $25.00 plus shipping, should fit in a small flat rate box or envelope, so shipping would $9.00.
I also have a pair of SENA 20S EVO Bluetooth head sets, these were purchased about a month ago, they are refurbished from SENA, new cost $198.00 each, I will sell them for $150.00 each plus shipping, both can sip in the same medium flat rate box for $16.00, total for both to the same address would $316.00. Shipping is figured on shipping within the lower 48.

Reactions: Limpy45

·
Registered
243 Posts
2018 does not come equipped for corded headsets. Are you sure the year? If a 2018 (or follow), bike is setup to use one or two Bluetooth headset(s).

All Honda corded headsets are the same since 1980's. Price can run from $100ish up to $300 depending on used/new, brand, grade of speakers, etc. J&M is certainly a good starting point and close to you.

·
Super Moderator
12,069 Posts
I was just looking at that. ;)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Go digital headsets. My 1999 Valkyrie Interstate's plugin headsets had static issues which changed with the speed of the engine. They picked up this noise from the ignition system. Never really solved it but it was sort of tolerable after some fixes. Plugging and unplugging them to the motorcycle or helmets before you took off was a hassle.

·
Registered
35 Posts
My wife and I have been really happy with our Lexin B4FM bluetooth headsets paired with smartphones. A pair of these from Amazon will set you back $150 USD, but that's less than many other options I've seen. I posted a short review of these units here.

Reactions: Cyberwolf009

·
Registered
113 Posts
You're going to need the headset/mic and whatever cords needed to connect to the bike. A call to J & M will get you on the right track. They are one of the most widely used headsets by goldwing owners. Here's a link to give you an idea what they have.

·
Registered
2021 Gold Wing DCT
123 Posts
CycleGear is an excellent source as well if you have one near you. Several different systems in stock.

·
Registered
2013 F6B
17 Posts
My wife and I have been really happy with our Lexin B4FM bluetooth headsets paired with smartphones. A pair of these from Amazon will set you back $150 USD, but that's less than many other options I've seen. I posted a short review of these units here.
Yep. I spent a good bit of time and a little cash on corded headsets when I first got a Venture and quickly realized that I liked the inexpensive Fodsports M1S Bluetooth option better anyway.

·
Registered
2008 GL1800 HPNA in Challenger Brown Metallic
20 Posts
I bought a pair of Honda OEM plug-in headsets from my local Honda dealer for less than I could find them online. Mine has the full face internal microphone, hers has the open face boom mic. Because her mic picks up wind noise, I leave the intercom off unless we need to converse. I'll click it on when I need to say something, or when she taps my shoulder as a signal to turn it on. The audio response when listening to music is fantastic. I used black Loctite weatherstrip adhesive to glue the earpieces in place. The Velcro that comes with it to hold the earpieces in place is pretty lame and did not fit the molded pockets in either of our helmets. I also found the cable is much more manageable if you connect/disconnect from the helmet end and leave the 5 pin DIN plug connected to the bike. When not in use, the cables are locked up in the right side fairing pocket.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I rode for years with the head set plug in cords on my old 93 wing that i still have loved every minute of it just the old 40 channel CB and it is just fine ...another good place for head sets is AIR RIDER .COM they make there own sets .and my bikes that had no radio i used the COBRA ST HAND NELD it has the 40 channel CB and a built in 10 band NOAA weather station which helped a number of times it also will take the 5 pin plug ,,it does great within a mile range but traveling together turn up the squelch where there is no noise just your own conversation and enjoy the BS and have a fun ride for many miles..

·
Registered
2021 Gold Wing DCT
123 Posts
I rode for years with the head set plug in cords on my old 93 wing that i still have loved every minute of it just the old 40 channel CB and it is just fine ...another good place for head sets is AIR RIDER .COM they make there own sets .and my bikes that had no radio i used the COBRA ST HAND NELD it has the 40 channel CB and a built in 10 band NOAA weather station which helped a number of times it also will take the 5 pin plug ,,it does great within a mile range but traveling together turn up the squelch where there is no noise just your own conversation and enjoy the BS and have a fun ride for many miles..
While my new 2021 Goldwing CSC trike is still in the custom shop being built and repainted I'm considering a CB radio for it. I did a Google search and found prices starting at about $350^ and up by a few (+) hundred more. Is there a particular brand I should be looking for and maybe some I should avoid as well? What is considered to be a realistic price or range for one of comparable or decent quality? I'd like to have one for traffic and local weather condition information from any fellow road travelers.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts