Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for any experience with the above. I want a system that will allow talking with the wife, use of phone for tunes, and allow me to use earbuds rather than just tiny helmet speakers. Of course price is always a factor but not the end all/be all.

We have the stock radio on the Wing but that doesn't cut it for me and ends up giving me a headache. As for the intercom part I've been told that wasn't a very good system either but have no experience as the bike didn't come with them.

Any thoughts I'd appreciate. Thanks, Bob

·
Registered
6,508 Posts
Sena makes systems that can use either helmet speakers or ear buds. I use the ear buds to protect my hearing from wind noise.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I just read your intro post. Welcome to the forum from another Northern New Englander.

Do you have a GL1500 Interstate? Do you have wired headsets currently (same ones as the GL1200)? The stock radio certainly is old school but with properly installed wired headsets the FM does as you would expect and I have found the intercom to be adequate. I rarely ever uses the built in speakers.

To do what you want, it sounds like the best solution is Bluetooth. Ignore the stock system completely. Sena and Cardo seem to be talked about the most. J&M also offers some solutions.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had Sierra Electronics build a new connection on the bike, a modification of the existing 5pin connection, that includes a 3.5mm jack. I use my Bose earbuds now and still can use the mic in my helmet headset.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts