Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wing is equipped with audio jacks and has a CB. I do not have any headset or mike yet. I would like to know what your opinion is, regarding what’s best for communication. I have learned that some microphones are all the time on and you can hear the wind in your headset at higher speed. Is it really needed to buy that “mike off” box? Thank you for your help.

·
Premium Member
16,692 Posts
After years of putting up with wind noise in the Mic's I install the Mic Mute system on both Mic's makes riding more enjoyable for us. Having it on both front and rear either one of you can turn it on or off. That way if the passenger want to tell you something they just have to toggle the system . Works for us.

·
Banned
2,940 Posts
I have run mine for the last two years without any mute features installed. But to be honest, after 30+ years of riding without music or communication, I am just pleased as punch to have it and have not added anything. I can see a separate volume control in the future as she does hear better than I and I like my music a little louder than she does. :) Rock on!

Also, this might make a difference. We both ride with full face tilt up helmets.... so our mics are Velcro-ed to the front of the chin guard. Probably not as much wind noise as there is on an open faced helmet with a microphone boom hanging out there in front.

Note: The communication between the two riders has a separate volume control than the radio/music. You can turn her off, still jabber on the cb and she doesn't have to participate or she can just pull the plug!

·
Administrator
29,073 Posts
Always use J&M stuff, many different models so check them out, full & openface with full shield. Never used Mic-Mutes like Ron but we used the Passenger Cb/Volume control that Larry mentioned it is a big help & the more expensive actually has a position that operates the passenger mic by pushing a button so all wind noise would be gone. We never used that function but also never really had an issue with wind noise either.

·
Premium Member
7,508 Posts
K&M Elite. Read a ton of rider reviews and many riders love the acoustic quality of this system but hate that they had to buy the separate cord that plugs into the bike. I love mine too but be prepared to shell out about $460.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.