Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has probably been beat to death here but this is my situation:
I am 5' 11" have 32" inseam.
with the ride so far being 30 minutes long, my arms are getting sore, lower back is sore and feel the need to stretch my legs.
Everything looks stock on the 98 1500SE.
Anyone have suggestions as where to start?

I know there is probably tons of ideas to try, anyone about my hieght have a fast cure???

·
Administrator
29,004 Posts
Here is an Ole Fossil's opinion. I am exactly your stature.

1)Backrest
2)Highway pegs
3)This one may or may not be your issue but is the most important. The Wing is a big beast of a bike & as such riders believe they need to bull it around. Relax your grip & ease up on her. It will make a world of difference. Go ahead & ask me how I know...Go ahead...;)

Hope these help you out.

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, how do you know???
If hi way pegs are needed, what will fit and work on this bike???
Also, I have tried to put my feet up where I think hi way pegs should be and it feels like I am trying to ride a barrel for lack of better terms. LOL

·
Administrator
29,004 Posts

·
Administrator
29,004 Posts
Also, I have tried to put my feet up where I think hi way pegs should be and it feels like I am trying to ride a barrel for lack of better terms. LOL
You can't really get the right feel doing that just so you know. The muscles that you're using to hold them there will actually be relaxed sitting on the highway pegs.

As I said I'm 5' 11" with a 32" inseam so I think these things should work just swell for you.

·
Registered
9,540 Posts
Also I have found that if I put after market hand grips on that are a bet biger it helps me to not do a death grip on them.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Plus one on fossil. The Goldwing is indeed a big bike, but it handles like a dream. When I first bought mine, it felt like I was a bus driver, it felt so much bigger than my Venture. But then again my Venture felt so much bigger than my GS550. Relax and ride, a back rest would be nimber one on my list.

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
Another thing to remember is to not stay 'planted' in one position for too long a time. Wings are a 'couch' and it's real easy to just settle in and stay there. I adjust my riding position about every 15 to 20 minutes and that makes a world of difference in the long haul for me.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I spent 5 hours in the saddle today. My back started to get sore at 4hours.. got home and put a bid on a drivers backrest first thing hope I win:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.