Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i am 6'4" tall. i would like to ask the opinion of anyone out there who is that height regarding seating position, leg length issues, arm length; comfort and control-especially in slow speed u-turns. i am very seriously thinking about buying a Gold Wing-i can take it for a test drive, but i wanted to know what it feels like after 6-8 hours on the road for someone of that height. thanks

·
Super Moderator
15,140 Posts
hello and welcome to GWOF mozeman. sorry i'm not your height but what ever bike you decide to get you'll need at least a custom seat to feel comfortable

·
Super Moderator
15,140 Posts
i have a custom seat on my 1500 wing and use a gel pad just to raise me up 3/4 of an inch. the seat is comfortable without the gelpad but too low

·
Banned
28 Posts
I am about 6'5" and tip the scales at about 275lbs. I have an 85 limited and love the bike. I have not yet taken long trips, (will this summer) butr would like to comment on low speed turns. Coming back from a ride with my wife, (talking about 530 lbs approx rider and passenger), I have no problem making a slow speed u turn on our side street, and without putting a foot down or even taking it off the peg. WAY nicer than any bike I have had before. A good seat is a must for long trips, and highway pegs are a good idea. Sometimes my hips will cramp, having someplace else to put my feet helps.
Tom

·
Super Moderator
15,140 Posts
soon tom soon, either flint ( to rocky's ) or port huron (the start of the port huron to macinaw race )

·
Registered
621 Posts
Take a look at the King seat from ultimate seats. Am ordering one next week. I am 6' 2" and go 270 (for now) I am in my 60s and the old legs don't work like they used to.
May end up ordering a trike kit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.