Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i am 6'4" tall. i would like to ask the opinion of anyone out there who is that height regarding seating position, leg length issues, arm length; comfort and control-especially in slow speed u-turns. i am very seriously thinking about buying a Gold Wing-i can take it for a test drive, but i wanted to know what it feels like after 6-8 hours on the road for someone of that height. thanks

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello and welcome to GWOF mozeman. sorry i'm not your height but what ever bike you decide to get you'll need at least a custom seat to feel comfortable

·
Registered
9 Posts
not quite but close

I'm just 6' 2" and haven't taken my GL1200 out on many long trips just back and forth to work (30min) and I'm still working on getting that perfect seating position. I do have some highway pegs on order that will hopefully arrive next week. I do think that will give me and other people of the long legged variety a chance to vary up the riding position. I know that on my other bike I absolutely love my highway pegs and will be upgrading to custom forward controls. If you are looking at a 1500 or 1800 there are so many aftermarket parts available to cusomize your ride that I'm sure that you could find something that would make it just about perfect.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have an 08 1800. I am 6' 1" and wouldn't want to be much taller without a custom seat. Handling is good on the highway or twisty parts. I reach my limit before the bike does. I have boards and highway pegs as well. If I did one thing to change mine it would be to add about 1/2 inch to the seat height. The bike corners so well I wouldn't want to lower the boards or pegs.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
i have a custom seat on my 1500 wing and use a gel pad just to raise me up 3/4 of an inch. the seat is comfortable without the gelpad but too low

·
Registered
65 Posts
I am about 6'5" and tip the scales at about 275lbs. I have an 85 limited and love the bike. I have not yet taken long trips, (will this summer) butr would like to comment on low speed turns. Coming back from a ride with my wife, (talking about 530 lbs approx rider and passenger), I have no problem making a slow speed u turn on our side street, and without putting a foot down or even taking it off the peg. WAY nicer than any bike I have had before. A good seat is a must for long trips, and highway pegs are a good idea. Sometimes my hips will cramp, having someplace else to put my feet helps.
Tom

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
soon tom soon, either flint ( to rocky's ) or port huron (the start of the port huron to macinaw race )

·
Registered
65 Posts
I thought about calling you today when I was coming home from church, but had a bunch of work to do. (needed to clean up the shop to get get ready to put the 74 750 motor and trans back together). Maybe will have time next week.
Tom

·
Registered
691 Posts
Take a look at the King seat from ultimate seats. Am ordering one next week. I am 6' 2" and go 270 (for now) I am in my 60s and the old legs don't work like they used to.
May end up ordering a trike kit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts