Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Colorado trip

3K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  winger98 
#1 ·
I sitting here waiting on my wife to get home from work so we can cover a few miles this evening to shorten our ride tomorrow to get out of Texas.

The bike is serviced and packed and just sitting there waiting. Even though it's pretty hot this afternoon, I don't care, I just want to get going. We're headed for Ouray where we will stay several days and do day rides from there.

I'll post our routes and pictures when I return so those of you that want can see our trip.

#3 ·
Have a great trip and take lots of pics for us. Ride safe...

#5 ·
Hey, that worked. Thanks, Mark for the tip. I'll have to remember that for future use.

We left home around 5:30 PM and rode 160 miles to Vernon, TX and retired for the night. It's 6:00AM now. I'll go out for a 4 mile run (have to burn the extra vacation calories) and then we'll head out for Las Vegas, NM for tonight. I'll try to take several pictures and post them on my website when we return.

I'll make sure to post to let everyone whose is interested know of my trip report.

Thanks for all the well wishes, guys.

#7 ·
robert, A suggestion if I may? If you have time squeeze in a trip to Mesa Verde Nat Park. Do a web search to check it out to see if it interests you or your wife. I know we enjoyed it. Great Scenery & History.

#11 ·
Robert, check out the North Rim of Black Canyon near Gunnison. I rode through there the first week of May and had snow most of the way. The windshield on my 08 Goldwing was iced over by the time I got down off the rim. It was still a fantastic ride.

Lived a few years in Briar just North of Azle on FM730.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.