Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Leaving tomorrow on the first long trip on the Wing. Really looking forward to escaping reality for a while. One long day of Texas heat and then some nice cool riding. Pictures to follow in 17 days.

·
Super Moderator
28,442 Posts
Ride safe snuff, We await your reports.

·
Super Moderator
9,847 Posts
Ride safe and have a great trip. Can't wait to see the pics...

·
Super Moderator
11,791 Posts
Ride safe and have fun.

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
Looking to be cooled down vicariously via your pictures. Have a great trip!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Over 500 miles today, wound up in Clayton N.M. In my search for cooler weather, I had to endure 104 temps today. The heat coming out of the radiator vents was almost unbearable. Even with the Baker Wings. As the temps dipped below 100, it was more bearable, tomorrow we're off to Salida.

·
Premium Member
23,769 Posts
Ride on snuff! Salida should put you about 7,000 ft high. Refresh yourself in the Arkansas River.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Have a great ride as I lived in Colorado for 21 years before moving to Arkansas 9 years ago and the mountains are just awesome in Colorado. I'm planning a trip to Colorado next year to do the mountains for a week.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Made it to Salida, nice and cool. Be here for a couple if days, the town is booked so we are staying at the Circle R. Previously owned by Sanford & Son....

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Just got back from a week in Colorado, all in the Durango area. Yes, snow in the hills but had to get up another 2,000 feet or so higher than Durango to find it. Even Durango was pretty warm during the day. Lots of bikes there, the majority were touring bikes, everyone having a great time. Ride safe and enjoy!

·
Super Moderator
14,413 Posts
Keep us up with your ride. Have a good time and send some cool air this way.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Made it to Glenwood Springs, ahhh nice and cool. Temps got down to 36 riding from Salida yesterday. Caught a little rain but no snow. Beautiful ride, stopped in Buena Vista for breakfast and warmer gloves for the wife. Heated grips are the shizniz.... Here for one more day and then off to Creede. The streams are raging as they run right along the side of the road. Dosen't get much better than this.:)

·
Super Moderator
28,442 Posts
Keep riding Snuff. We'll wait for the pictures.

Be Safe.

·
Premium Member
11,002 Posts
Looking forward to the photos. I will feel sorry for you with riding in temps of 100f. Eric

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Left Creede this morning with temps in the low 50's and got up to 90•, we're in Ouray now for three days. I swear everything is up hill here:) glad that's my biggest worry... You Coloradians sure have a beautiful State!

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
Made it to Glenwood Springs, ahhh nice and cool. Temps got down to 36 riding from Salida yesterday. Caught a little rain but no snow. Beautiful ride, stopped in Buena Vista for breakfast and warmer gloves for the wife. Heated grips are the shizniz.... Here for one more day and then off to Creede. The streams are raging as they run right along the side of the road. Dosen't get much better than this.:)
Where did you stop in Buena Vista for breakfast? Jans Restaurant..Neat little town huh? My girlfriend lives there and I am gonna go up there in several weeks. Did you go up to Cottonwood Pass? Anyway, glad you made it through there and since you haven't mentioned tickets, it means you stayed under the speed limits. They are bad around Buenie and Salida and yes, the Arkansas is almost in flood stage from the melting snow. Later...Isaac:D

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Where did you stop in Buena Vista for breakfast? Jans Restaurant..Neat little town huh? My girlfriend lives there and I am gonna go up there in several weeks. Did you go up to Cottonwood Pass? Anyway, glad you made it through there and since you haven't mentioned tickets, it means you stayed under the speed limits. They are bad around Buenie and Salida and yes, the Arkansas is almost in flood stage from the melting snow. Later...Isaac:D
Yes, breakfast at Jans. It's been one of the best meals I've had since we left Texas.:cool:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts