Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
now that the temps are going down ( for some of us ) who's planning to ride through the winter months

·
Registered
99 Posts
I'll ride until the first major snowfall. Living in the snowbelt, as soon as the snow flies they dump a ton of salt and sand on the roads. Not only does it make every curve dangerous, it's rough on the bike.

·
Administrator
28,889 Posts
Count the Ole' Fossil out William, Daddy is about 2 weeks from putting his little girl to bed until March or April.

·
Super Moderator
9,874 Posts
Once it gets consistently in the 30's I give up. Try to get one day that is warm enough to wash the bike and get it filled with fuel and put it to bed until Spring. That, unfortunately is about 3 weeks away.. BUT, the good news is Spring is only 4 1/2 month away.

·
Premium Member
24,843 Posts
My bike has been in hibernation mode for a couple weeks now. There are a few die hards still out in the afternoons but for my tastes it just isn't worth it. I wish our spring came as early as yours Two Wheel, we've got usually well into April before the riding season starts around here, what with the salt and sand on the roads left over from the snows & ice. A solid six months of winter weather makes you appreciate the riding when it does come though.;)

·
Super Moderator
15,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it is going to be about 50f tomorrow and up near 60 sunday so i'm riding but done after that. my wings go in my neighbors garage for the winter so even if we get a warm day i hate to bother her just to ride for a few hours. once i put them away that it till april

·
Super Moderator
9,874 Posts
I wish our spring came as early as yours Two Wheel, we've got usually well into April before the riding season starts around here, what with the salt and sand on the roads left over from the snows & ice. A solid six months of winter weather makes you appreciate the riding when it does come though.;)
Lately, it seems that way around here also. By the time everything clears and roads are fixed it's usually the beginning of April. But one can still dream for an early spring....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.