Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on my 1200 wing there is no resistance when pulling the clutch lever in and if the bike is in gear it will creep along if the brakes are not applyed or stall if the brakes are applyed

·
Super Moderator
11,800 Posts
Try bleeding the clutch. My other 1200 had the same problem and that's all it took.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Try bleeding the clutch. My other 1200 had the same problem and that's all it took.
when it cools down some i will. my garage is too small to get the wing in so i'm working outside and its been too hot plus i need to find the bleeder screw on the slave cylinder

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
I agree on trying to bleed the clutch. If you still have the problem after trying to bleed it I have heard you can get something to tie the clutch handle to the handle bar and leave it that way over night. It will let any trapped air in the system to go into the master cylinder. I have not done this so I do not know if it works.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i just took a look at it and the fluid level is low andvery dark. i will have to bleed it system. i'm heading to autozone to get some dot4 brake fluid later today

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dot4 brake fluid was $ 5.18 with tax at autozone. i refilled the reservuar then took some twine and tied the clutch lever back to the grip. i'm going to leave it like that untill tomorrow and see what happens

·
Registered
364 Posts
Just did mine on my 84 aspy I used a mighty vac. loosened the bleeder at clutch and slipped the tube from vac over it. Pump it down and open the bleeder valve,just make sure to keep the res full. Pulled the old dot4 out quick and the new in and no air or bubbles. Good luck Hal

1 - 7 of 7 Posts