Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
I hope that everyone has had a fantastic riding season. The weather here in eastern Kentucky is cold and rainy. If I get two nice days a month I'll be out riding for sure.
Here is my question...
The last time I rode, about 3 weeks ago, I rode about 6 miles and stopped to do some business. When I went to return home, my clutch handle felt very weak. Shifting gears was hard but I was able to get home. I checked the fluid and it was a little low. After topping it off, the clutch handle still feels weak. I guess I am wondering if I somehow got air in the line and now need to bleed the system. It sort of feels like when the brakes on my car need bleeding.
Does anyone have any info?
B.T.W. this is a 1985 1200 Interstate. That I think qualifies as OTHER MOTORCYCLES, because I'm an idiot redneck!
Thanks a ton and Happy New Year!!
Eric

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank You!!
I suppose I might have looked in the Clymer repair manual that I have before I posted. I found the step by step instructions for bleeding the clutch. Being sort of new to bikes, two years, I'm a little scared to get into too much repair on my own. I don't want to end up with a box full of parts and no idea where they go. However, the instructions in the manual seem to be pretty straight forward. I printed a copy of the "Bleeding The Clutch" section and after I go over it a few times, I'll give it a go. Thanks again
Eric

·
Registered
183 Posts
I would be a little worried about the loss of clutch fluid, unless you hadn't checked it in awhile. Fluid goes out; air comes in . . . then mushey feeling. Check all hose fittings, then bleed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.