Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for the help: The clutch on my GL1200 ("85 Asp) has gone "flat," no pressure at all dispite repeted bleeding for air. I have also drained & cleaned the master cylinder to no avail. Ideas?? There was no slipping while in gear as if the clutch had gone out before this happened. Bought it 4 months ago & did have some air in the line which I bled out several times & things "seemed" to work well after that. Thanks again.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Have you tried cracking the banjo nut at the clutch handle and bleeding it from there? Air tends to work its way up the line to the top of the system. Take the master off and hold it up and shake the line to get all the air up, then just crack the nut slightly and squeeze the clutch, tighten and release, then repeat as necessary. Make sure you cover everything even close and wear eye protection.
I had a similar problem, read about this method, and it worked for me. YMMV.

·
Super Moderator
11,798 Posts
Have you tried cracking the banjo nut at the clutch handle and bleeding it from there? Air tends to work its way up the line to the top of the system. Take the master off and hold it up and shake the line to get all the air up, then just crack the nut slightly and squeeze the clutch, tighten and release, then repeat as necessary. Make sure you cover everything even close and wear eye protection.
I had a similar problem, read about this method, and it worked for me. YMMV.

Mine did the exact same thing. I bled it at the master and it works great!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not tried yet

Thanks for the idea guys!! I've not tried it yet but plan to tomorrow if the weather calms down (Thunder storms today).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Guys!!! Had to modify your idea, left the master cylinder on the bar (some one buggered the allen screws), but the basic idea (Bleed at the top) worked GREAT!! Just finished a "check ride." Now I've got to fix the screws. O well, more quality time with the wrinch. Bill

1 - 5 of 5 Posts