Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello: We have a 97 GW SE trike....had it for 4 years....about 85,000 miles now...when we first got it..it occasionally would grab/shutter/ slip or whatever you call it going into first..but not bad...as time went on, it seems to have gotten only a little worse..last week, we went to the Wing Ding and while riding out and about we allowed the temp to get to the mid point on the gage..usually stays a little lower than mid point...and we really noticed the shuddering/jerking going into first..it was worse than it had ever been...we have tried bring the rpms up a little going into first and it helps a little..when the bike cooled down, it got somewhat better...kind of like what we experience normally...do not feel it at all going into other gears....any ideas? Thoughts?
Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Previous owner may have used the wrong type of oil. I had a similar incident where I called vavoline tech line to ask which oil I could use in my Honda. As it turned out it was not the correct type and they paid to have the clutch changed. It acted the same way you explained after 300-500 miles. I think it was about $275.00 for parts and labor. Good luck on your venture. After a mechanic checks it he will know what the problem is.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts