Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1993 Aspencade, around 25K miles. I'm losing clutch fluid; the master cylinder goes dry after about 4 weeks. I don't see any leak anywhere; the slave cylinder and the lines are all dry. Any ideas on where to look or where the fluid is going?

·
Registered
263 Posts
My '94 has done that 2 times in app.a year and a half.I don't slip my clutch so am assuming i have a really slow leak at the slave cylinder. Your severe leak probably due to age and lack of use. The fluid is going into the trans./engine. you are going to have to reseal your slave cylinder,then change oil & filter. Doesn't look like too bad of a job.Just remember brake fluid and paint don't play well together.Get any fluid off painted stuff ASAP With wet rag or spray bottle. Good Luck. Ride Safe.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was good advice. I finally changed out my slave cylinder and I think the problem is solved. It was actually not too difficult; took about 1 hour. Changed the oil also, so far so good

·
Registered
263 Posts
Thanks for the reply GHC,glad you got it taken care of.Am keeping a close eye on my fluid level. BTW,where are you out there? Have had the pleasure of visiting Maui,Oahu,and the Big Island.Would love to go back some day and see the sights from a Wing seat. Mahala!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Hi BIG PETE,Welcome to the forum from Florida. If you know how to bleed brakes,is the same thing,just on the clutch. What model/year Wing do you have?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts