Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to pull in the clutch all the way for it to disengage. all it takes is to let it out just a little I feel the gears engaging. I know it is hydraulic but does it adjust auto? It shifts fine for 85,000 miles, the familar clankiness of goldwing gears. Not grinding as I tryo to pull in the clutch all the way before shifting. At stops, if I keep the handle all the way against the grip, she stays disengaged but it doesn't take much of a loose grip to engage.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Hi Roondog,
You may want to bleed the clutch, it could have air in it causing the problem!!

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Just curious, but what's it look like in the sightglass on the reservoir?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sight glass on what, the clutch? I am not sure how to bleed. Regular clutch oil? where do I need to bleed? Is it like bleeding the brakes?

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
Sight glass on what, the clutch? I am not sure how to bleed. Regular clutch oil? where do I need to bleed? Is it like bleeding the brakes?
brake fluid, master and slave cylinder

·
Super Moderator
7,661 Posts
Yes, just like brakes there's a bleeder.
Very nice bike.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Hi Roon do you have a manual on the aspy?

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
It probably wouldn't hurt to bleed and flush the brakes and clutch. In the mean time you can try the lazy mans bleed job on the clutch. You'll need a small spacer about 3/4 inch thick, pump the lever a few time, place the spacer between the lever and the grip pull the lever in against the spacer and let it set over night. I've seen this work many times to get more feel back in the clutch. It also work on the brakes no spacer needed on the brakes..
From the Northwest Corner
Ron

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I got a CD from neoracer that has lots of info mid 80's I, A, and LTD. Pretty cool. He is a very knowledgeable guy. May want to contact him.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Neoracer

I got a CD from neoracer that has lots of info mid 80's I, A, and LTD. Pretty cool. He is a very knowledgeable guy. May want to contact him.

He is a real cool guy!! I have purchased some items from him and he also sent me the cd you are speaking of.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a 85 LTD and I know from experience that the clutch fluid needs topping up every 2 or 3 years. The sight glass is no help, bad design. The sight glass is too low. Use DOT 4 brake fluid.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts