Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got 87 gl1200i i was on way to work other other day and bike started to get hot, i had to put some water in. then i take off again and bike staying cool everything fine. i come to stop light and motor sound like a sewing machine. sound like no oil pressure, i hauled bike in to shop. i checked to see if water in oil, didnt any. where do i start?

·
Super Moderator
12,272 Posts
Run a compression test. It might have blown a head gasket and not have water in the oil.

·
Super Moderator
15,167 Posts
hello shorty, welcome to GWOF. i never had water in my oil when the head gasket blew

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks i'll start there. i pulled off oil filter today and when i finally it out of its cansiter it pretty much fell apart. but i'm going to check compression

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
The filter fell apart? That is not good, you could have pieces of filter element in the crankcase which could plug off oil passages that could contribute to your overheat issue, not to mention oil starvation and possible resultant damage internally. Not trying to scare you but make sure your crankcase is free of debris!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.