Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was just hoping for a little input with regards to what to wear (or what NOT to wear) while out on extended rides....

Me and the wife just had our first extended multi-day ride,,,,and it was a blast !!!!! BUT by the end of the 3rd day, I had some "chaffing" issues in some very very personal spots. Days 1 & 2 were spend riding wearing sweat-pants, the 3rd day I was wearing shorts......after adjusting my positions numerous times thru out the day, I would get a stinging feeling in the "nether regions" and sometimes I would get my "manly parts" in a bind .....this would lead to a complete halt to any and all further progress until things were better "situated" ...

is there a preferred method or type of clothing that can help with the "stinging butt" and the other above mentioned issue?????

·
Super Moderator
28,453 Posts
Go here Slayer. You will not be sorry. Ride all day then wash at night in the Hotel & they're dry the next morning. Don't leave home with out them. Rapier can attest to this as he just completed his 4 Corner Tour with his.

https://ldcomfort.com/store/

The helmet liner is a great addition as well.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Slayer dump in some powder in those personnal area. I use BONDED FOR PURITY MEDICATED POWDER, orange can, available at Walgreens. Look for cheaper stuff, dont need old spice (your on a motorcycle not a 3 masted schooner). Shorts are out for me besides they are cut for standing and walking, not sitting all day. Cycle gear is more espensive but the best stuff is designed to be worn while sitting. This is important. No cycle stuff maker designs shorts.
Also I dress to crash. Im not a fatalist but it is inevitable.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Was just hoping for a little input with regards to what to wear (or what NOT to wear) while out on extended rides....

Me and the wife just had our first extended multi-day ride,,,,and it was a blast !!!!! BUT by the end of the 3rd day, I had some "chaffing" issues in some very very personal spots. Days 1 & 2 were spend riding wearing sweat-pants, the 3rd day I was wearing shorts......after adjusting my positions numerous times thru out the day, I would get a stinging feeling in the "nether regions" and sometimes I would get my "manly parts" in a bind .....this would lead to a complete halt to any and all further progress until things were better "situated" ...

is there a preferred method or type of clothing that can help with the "stinging butt" and the other above mentioned issue?????

AMBP - Anti-Monkey-Butt-Powder seems pretty good. You can find AMBP at a lot of locations: http://www.antimonkeybutt.com/index.php?src=gendocs&ref=WhereToBuy&category=amb_about

The moisture wicking undergarments are a very good idea also. If it is really hot, then a cooling vest might help you out.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I am a big proponent of wearing gear. Lighter gear I ride in on the wing is a mesh armored jacket and mesh pants with padding. Regular pants under the mesh ones and I sweat a lot. Looking at doing longer rides and that would entail moving up to Textile, like the Tourmaster Transition 2 series. I am afraid those would be too hot in the south. Would a cooling vest make those bearable? Thinking a vest with those LD underwear might be doable?

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
for long trips i wear a pair of my bicycling shorts under my pants, they'll keep things from bunching up or moving around

·
Registered
123 Posts
A couple of years ago I bought a beaded seat cover (from Wingstuff, I think). It really helps in the hot weather - gets some airflow under your butt and junk. I've ridden 12 hours in 90+ temperatures with only minimal monkey-butt symptoms

·
Registered
77 Posts
A while back I took the chance and bought a pair of the $50 LD Comfort underwear--they do work well. During this really hot weather I've been wearing my Duluth Trading Co. Buck Naked boxer briefs. At $20/pair they are really light and breath well. I haven't worn the LD Comfort stuff because it's pretty thick so I assumed it would be warmer.-but it is very comfortable in reasonable temps.

·
Registered
23 Posts
diamond gusset jean

I tried a pair of DGJ to relieve the "bind up parts".they might be a help. I wet a bandana and tie it around my neck, resoak from my water bottle. White 3/4 helmet, white long sleeve Tshirt, White pants,White Converse Hi-Tops. Can't see sitting in the SUN wearing anything BLACK

·
Super Moderator
28,453 Posts
Kid61, You won't be sorry if you wear your LD's in even Hot Weather the wicking action really works. I wore mine in 105+ & was comfortable.

·
Super Moderator
28,453 Posts
That's the stuff I'm talking about ohh Ralphyboy. I truly don't believe anyone will be sorry if they purchase these products.

·
Registered
132 Posts
This is great info. I am commenting so I can monitor it better. Gosh, I thought the junk was supposed to get in the way. You may have saved me some suffering.

·
Premium Member
1,922 Posts
Its on my list. Its a long list. I try to spend what I have not what I might have One day one day:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts