Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still own and love the ST1300. I love riding and everything about it. Joined this forum to see how the "others" do it. Interested in reading and sharing all motorcycle stories.

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
Welcome to the forum from one of the "others" in Pennsylvania. All riders welcome here. Ride safe and enjoy the site. Lots of nice folks on here with good information. Who knows.... we may convert you to a Goldwing.

·
Super Moderator
15,239 Posts
hello and welcome to GWOF motoandy

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
The ST is a fabulous bike, I loved mine but the significant other had a different perspective, so we're back on Wing. The only thing I detested was the sick joke of a (stock) seat. A bike that has a range of +300 miles deserves more than a 50 mile seat. A Corbin Canyon Dual Sport solved that in short order, but the Mrs didn't like having no stereo speakers for her in the back (I had fine sound up front with my i-pod and marine stereo). Ride that puppy hard but safe and enjoy the forum.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
A friend of mine that has been riding Gold Wings since 1975 and has over 700,000 miles on Gold Wings just went to a ST1300, He found one at his dealer, a 2008 with only 3,000 miles on it. had a lot of accessories and he gave $13,000 for it. It's not a Gold Wing but he is trying to make it into one. He wanted something lighter and since his wife doesn't ride with him anymore he thought that the 1300 would be a good choice. So far he has relocated the handlebars, moved them up and back, changed the seat, he has a seat that he had on all his Gold Wings, we call it a tractor seat but he loves it, changed the windshield, and added some pieces onto the fairing to help with the wind, his next project is to add a CB, He says it's a fun bike to ride, it doesn't compare to the Gold Wing on the freeway but still a lot of fun in the twisties.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Joe, tell your buddy that there is an electronic cruise control available from Australia. It costs a bit (if I remember correctly about $700) but apparently they're not too bad to install. I seriously considered getting one, but then the Wing came along. here's the link http://www.mccruise.com/Honda-ST1300-ST1300A.html
That would be the first thing I did if I had another ST

1 - 6 of 6 Posts