Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where the clock unit on the GL1500 is? Is it a hassle to replace?
Thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
28,455 Posts
Snoopy, You have me stumped with that one. I just had my bike torn down to change the Left Handlebar control switch.
(If you search my posts for "head light issue" you will see what I mean.)
I had all the plugs disconnected, the stereo out, the instrument panel out & I can't tell you for sure where it actually is. The only thing I can think of is the radio station display is above it so I'm thinking it's part of the stereo. But as I said you've got me on this one.

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
What exactly is wrong with it. Is it not working or is the display messed up?

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
the clock on a 1500 wing is in the same display as the radio frequincy / tape display

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The clock doesn't keep time. I thought maybe there was a clock unit somewhere. Nothing is ever that simple though. I think it runs real fast. Anyone have any ideas on this?

·
Super Moderator
28,455 Posts
Snoops, Don't mean to be a smart @%* but I sometimes can't help myself (my wife can vouch for that).

Picture this you & significant other are on your Wng it's about 9:00 am. the sky is colbalt blue not a cloud in sight gleaming landscape temperature 78* with a high of 85*. Now I ask you do you really give a #*[email protected] what time it is.:D Besides being the resident wiseguy I also saw My Cousin Vinny too many times.

Seriously though mine runs about 10 minutes fast in about 2 months & I just adjust it as needed, I could never find anything as far as fixing it anywhere.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well - several reasons I want the clock to work.
I"m one of those that just like to have everything working that is supposed to work. Retired & just like to piddle. I'm forever meeting someone & want to know if I'm on time. My watch is usually covered up by my gloves. I don't like looking at the wrong time.
Plus my wife won't ride with me anyway - that enough ?
Oh ya - it's neat to figure out how to fix something.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The GL1500 has a clock that is displayed on the rectangular "LCD Display" in the middle of the instrument panel. Behind the LCD Display is some circuitry that includes the clock. There have been other posts that the clock tends to run fast occasionally. Some people have posted that if you spray the circuit board and clean it, it will then run OK.

·
Registered
14 Posts
clock

Does it show a different time every time you turn on the key? And does your radio memory work ? If this is the case then you have a fuse called the back-up fuse it is located on the clutch side by the bottom back side of the seat. my 96se back up fuse is on the bottom of the panel that holds all the breakers&relays it is a 5 amp fuse :) Hope this helps

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, I'll track down that fuse & see if I can clean the circuit board.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts