Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the secret for cleaning your windshield without scratching it? I have gotten in the habit of wiping the bike down with pledge every night, but what do you use on the windshield? I ride it to work everyday, a 70 mile round trip, so I do get alot of bugs on it daily.

·
Premium Member
7,122 Posts
I use Pledge Multi-Surface or Plexus.
Oh....another thing that works great is a wet towel. Let it sit on the windshield for a while and wipe it clean.

·
Super Moderator
15,158 Posts
pledge at home and glass plus at work

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When using pledge on the windshield, do you let it sit and soak a bit before wipiing it?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Microfiber cloth soaked with warm water to work the bugs loose, then follow up with a slightly damp micofiber cloth to remove the residue. Next, a shot of Plexus worked in with a clean dry microfiber cloth. No guts, no scratches, just one clean windshield.

·
Premium Member
7,122 Posts

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
I got a squigy and a five gallon bucket of mixed cleaner. When I get home I use it to clean it...but before that I used windex and it scratched it...I am planning on buying a new windshield when I get back from my long trip.

I would appreciate some advice on what windshields are best...the one that came iwth it seems to scratch too easy...

·
Premium Member
7,122 Posts
I got a squigy and a five gallon bucket of mixed cleaner. When I get home I use it to clean it...but before that I used windex and it scratched it...I am planning on buying a new windshield when I get back from my long trip.

I would appreciate some advice on what windshields are best...the one that came iwth it seems to scratch too easy...
I have the F4 Windshield....It has been a great one.

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
EFIN looks great how has it done on the scratches? They have a special coating on it ....Is yours adjustable?

·
Premium Member
7,122 Posts
EFIN looks great how has it done on the scratches? They have a special coating on it ....Is yours adjustable?
As you can tell....I clean it with everything and no scratches. It is adjustable and center vent makes a huge difference.

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
Well that settles it then...I wonder why the wings windshield is so scratchable....:D For the money it costs you would think it would be a little better quality....

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
Used to use Plexus but since it went from $8 a can to $22 a can, I use Lemon Pledge and it works fine. Just don't go in circles. Wipe up and down and across side to side. Circles cause swirls and they inturn cause light to refract and glare which causes problems, especially at night. :D

·
Premium Member
8,002 Posts
I use soap and water, rinsed off with clear water, and dried and buffed with the neighbor's cat. He doesn't seem to enjoy it as much as I do!:D

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
I use soap and water, rinsed off with clear water, and dried and buffed with the neighbor's cat. He doesn't seem to enjoy it as much as I do!:D
Probably just rubbin him the wrong way...:D

·
Premium Member
8,002 Posts
You're a funny guy, DreamWeaver!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.