Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Clean

6K views 18 replies 17 participants last post by  Redfox 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
What do you quys use to clean your windshields.

Someone told me that they use Pledge. Did anyone ever hear of that.

#2 ·
Windshield cleaner

I use a product called Checkered Flag which is for all chrome and can also be used on the windshield. I think it's a great product. Just dampen a soft cloth and wipe it on and almost immediately it will haze and just wipe it off. I actually picked mine up at a Harley Dealership but you must be able to buy it on line also.

#7 ·
Plexus for me because I don't know or have tried anything else. " ronwheeler " mentioned Pledge. Hmmmmmm. I'll try some on a old face shield, check for water beadability and especially smear factor. A mananger at a Honda dealership mentioned it, but I didn't give it an serious thought. Time for an experiment.

#8 ·
+2 on Plexus. Small can fits real well in a rag on shelf inside side bag compartment. That way you always have one with you. JMO

#9 ·
Plexus is great so is Honda spray polish, I use water, I carry a small bottle in my trunk, or you can wet a rag and put it in a zip lock bag and it will stay wet for a long time.

#11 ·
+3 for Plexus. That's all I use on my GL1800 stock windscreen. I have used the Honda polish as well on my GL1500 which had a Tulsa windscreen.

#13 ·
I've used Plexus on windshields, visors, and even the widshield of my plane and it is good. I used pledge on my '84 Interstate at the Wing Fling some years back just before the show & shine. Took a bit of time and a lot of rags (and a whole lot of elbow grease), but it took out all the spider-web scratches and made the screen look almost new rather than the 6 years and 100k it had on the clock. Took the 1st prize in class so it wasn't just my opinion involved.

#14 ·
I used pledge on my '84 Interstate at the Wing Fling some years back just before the show & shine. Took a bit of time and a lot of rags (and a whole lot of elbow grease), but it took out all the spider-web scratches and made the screen look almost new rather than the 6 years and 100k it had on the clock. Took the 1st prize in class so it wasn't just my opinion involved.
So " Pledge " might be considered a restoration remedy. I have a three year old VTX winshield in the barn shed, I'll try it out on. It has lots of spider-web scratches.

#19 ·
My brother, Harley rider, introduced me to pledge 20 years ago. Every time he would stop, he would get out the pledge and wipe down the bike including the windshield. It has been working great but I like to experiment so I will try one of the above mentioned products.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.