Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone:
I'm writing just to let everyone know about a metal polish and sealant I used on my GW. I'm pretty nuts when it comes to keeping my Wing clean but my (factory) rims had some stains and oxidization on them. I cleaned and cleaned but couldn't get rid of the dullness. I buy my car detailing products from a company in Florida (I'm in Canada) called Autogeek or on-line at www.autogeek.net. If I have any problems or questions I phone these guy too. They have always been helpful and their service is great. I phoned them and spoke to one of their Techs telling him about the problem I was having with my rims. He recommended 'Optimum Metal Polish' (new formula) to clean the rims and 'Wolfgang Concours Metal Sealant' to seal and protect the rim after cleaning. WOW!! does this stuff work. My rims have never looked this good. Be prepared to use some time and elbow grease to clean and seal your rims but this stuff really works and I'm very happy with the outcome. I just thought I would pass along some info to everyone. Ride Safe!

·
Registered
835 Posts
Thanks Eagle. I know some of the guys use Easy Off oven cleaner on their rims. I don't know how well the Autogeek stuff will work in the oven :)
Strat

·
Super Moderator
9,845 Posts
Thanks Eagle. I know some of the guys use Easy Off oven cleaner on their rims. I don't know how well the Autogeek stuff will work in the oven :)
Strat
Although I never tried it to see, I have heard that oven cleaner is acidic and can cause damage to the aluminum rims on the Wing. Have you successfully used oven cleaner?? Would be nice to know if it works..

·
Registered
835 Posts
Personally, I haven't used it but I've read on the forum of a few guys that have.
Perhaps they'll chime in.
Strat

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Not saying it won't work but oven cleaner is very caustic and aluminum is very fragile in some ways. I'd be very certain to make sure there was no residue left if it was used. Em, eagle, just one Canuck to another, where are you located? Maybe update your profile a bit and post some pics of your handiwork with the cleaner and polish;)

·
Super Moderator
14,411 Posts
I took a look at this and may give it a try. Was the 8 oz bottle enough to do your rims?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Plenty !! I did both front and back rims and stil got more then half a tub left.. I little goes a long way. Just dont leave it on too long.. Again it does a great job, IMO

Bingo

·
Super Moderator
11,785 Posts
An SOS or Brillo pad works wonders.

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
741 Posts
I am so ashamed. My bike hasn't had a good cleaning since I bought it in 2009. It is covered with bugs and road grime. My windscreen is pretty clean though. I even had the rear rim off yesterday to change tires and didn't even bother to clean it. I even wrote arrows on it with red permanent marker so that the tire guy could mount the directional tire on right. You guys are an inspiration. Just remember to try and ride more than spend time cleaning!

·
Super Moderator
11,785 Posts
Ride?? We're supposed to ride them?? Well I'll be........

·
Registered
741 Posts
Cantankerous, remember those 'gremlins' will get ya!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.