Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a new GW owner and took delivery of my 2012 Airbag model in August. I've put about 4500 miles on it already and have to admit it has exceeded my expectations and can't imagine riding anything else.

I really love to accessorize my motorcycles and have found tons of accessories for the Goldwing and have already purchased several. One item where I'm really curious is the chrome vavle cover. I've seen it on many Goldwings and Valkyries and love the look. However, I'm worried about quality and if there are issues regarding slipping off, heat, etc. I think I would rather replace the existing cover than stick a plastic overlay on, but not sure if replacements are available and whether the overlay would hold up.

Any insights and recommendations would be appreciated.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Not sure on the cover and I know many like the plastic bits of chrome as I did on my 03 wing however I found them to yellow or fall off in time thus on my 2010 it's real chrome bolted on or nothing JMHO . I would like to know if any others had the same problem I had with the plastic chrome ?

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Well, if you really want the full goods, take your covers off and have them professionally plated. I did lots of that on my '84 with 24kt to match the Drag Specialties bits I had. Just be sure to bring your wallet:eek:

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I had the chrome stick on ones on my 08 for about 30,000 miles and never had a problem. A buddy has them on his 06 and not an issue. Just like anything else you have to keep a good coat of wax on them, 1 set of chrome stick on will run you 1/3 of a set of chromed heads.

·
Premium Member
23,767 Posts
OK you stick on riders. Do you have to remove them to do anything regarding the valve covers, i.e., changing the plugs, etc. ?????

·
Super Moderator
11,785 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,767 Posts
Refresh my memory. My mom has been in the hospital and I have overlooked a lot of things lately. Sorry if this has been any inconvenience to you.
Police: Cantanker is referring to some parts that a local buddy of mine has for a give away.

Probably the same place as the parts you were going to send to me! :eek:
Cantanker: I'll be seeing Don in the next day or so and I haven't forgotten you. You are unforgettable.

·
Super Moderator
11,785 Posts
Sorry chopin, I just had to give you some flack. It's no big deal, we all have our minds elsewhere right now.

I'm behind on my duties to others here as well. :eek:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts