Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
I don't think you should have a problem with fit. My uncle had a GL1500 and had his rims chromed. I don't know about your area but getting OEM rims chrome up here in CT start at $800. I have a few other riding buddies that have metric cruisers that have theres done as well with no issues to date. Me I am looking to get mine done most likely in Jan when the weather forces me to put her away for a couple of months and will keep you updated on progress

Chuck

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think you should have a problem with fit. My uncle had a GL1500 and had his rims chromed. I don't know about your area but getting OEM rims chrome up here in CT start at $800. I have a few other riding buddies that have metric cruisers that have theres done as well with no issues to date. Me I am looking to get mine done most likely in Jan when the weather forces me to put her away for a couple of months and will keep you updated on progress

Chuck
Thanks Chuck for answering my question. I wish there was more activity on this site, I like it here and hope that we get more active members. I am finishing full restoration on my bike and it take so much time and it goes without saying MONEY. Thanks for the answering keep in touch

·
Registered
21 Posts
Will do glad to help out.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
The biggest thing about plating is finding a reputable shop and getting to know the guy doing the electroplating. I got to know the guy that did all mine on my '84 real well. I had all my Hondaline trim and much of the aftermarket stuff done in 24kt. Tom got lots of my paychecks over a couple years. Ole 24k turned out pretty sweet too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts