Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I installed these today http://wingstuff.com/pgroup_detail/3715/ and I can say they look nice but they can be a real pain in the a$$ to install. The OEM grilles are rubber and flex more than the chrome ones. Like anything else, once you do them once you could do the same job the second time with much less frustration and struggle. A word of advice to anyone attempting this installation... take a small flat blade screw driver and scrape the slots on the grilles that mount on to the tabs on the radiator. The slots were too small and you don't find that out until you're up to your elbows into the machine. You'll stuggle and struggle thinking you've got something misaligned but it's just that the slots are not quite large enough to fit over the tabs on the radiator. Once you carve out those slots you still have a fight due to the limited access you have but you can get it done.

All in all I like them but I don't know if I was happy they were installed or just relieved to be finished the job! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I know I know... my only excuse is it took longer than I thought and I had to finish by flashlight. Pics later when I get back from a road trip. No fun just work :(

Well actually it COULD be worse... going to San Fran for a few days

·
Premium Member
17,146 Posts
Just helped a friend install a bunch of LED light strips on his 1800. Put two strip in the side grill area on each side. Wow what a show piece. really lights the chrome up.
From the Northwest Corner
Ron

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Lots of bling is difficult to install. Too bad more don't mention time and trouble saving hints for the masses to benefit.
I did something different (ok I'm a tad different anyhoo:rolleyes:) with my '84 Interstate. I took off the wire mesh rad screen and into Supreme Plating it went. Came back in 24kt gold (along with a pile of other stuff over the years) and never saw another like it in the 8 years I had the bike. Nice touch and totally unique.

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Chopin... I have the Utopia sitting right here ready to install. It is on the docket for installations. I also have some Air Wings to install. I won't get to install wither of them for a couple of weeks. This work thing just keeps getting in the way!!

Addition / addiction... tomato / to-mah-toe. What's in a name?

·
Premium Member
23,776 Posts
Chopin... I have the Utopia sitting right here ready to install. It is on the docket for installations. I also have some Air Wings to install. I won't get to install wither of them for a couple of weeks. This work thing just keeps getting in the way!!

Addition / addiction... tomato / to-mah-toe. What's in a name?
Sweet. I'm might be just a bit envious that you can add the shine. I love the shine, but my wife does all the billing. Build me a bike of my dreams.

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Looks like a nice addition to the Wing. In case I ever get them I'll know who to contact for detailed instructions.....

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Chopin,

We just bought her Christmas present... a new '09 VTX 1300. For now I have no pushback at all when I add bling to the Wing. She's gonna be very upset when they come to reposses her car though! :D

·
Premium Member
23,776 Posts
Chopin,

We just bought her Christmas present... a new '09 VTX 1300. For now I have no pushback at all when I add bling to the Wing. She's gonna be very upset when they come to reposses her car though! :D

Hahaha ! Smart man. Leverage is the key to happiness. The VTX 1300 is a nice bike. I had the " C " model. Smaller seat and no floor boards. Me buddy had the ' R " model and I felt cheated and deprived.

·
Super Moderator
28,455 Posts
For now I have no pushback at all when I add bling to the Wing. She's gonna be very upset when they come to reposses her car though!
Don't worry about it Donald, at least you live in Fla. where she can ride the bike.

Good Looking By the Way. eerrrr, Both.:eek:

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bill,

I like it. I will definately use that approach. "In Miami, you can always ride the bike.... dear"

·
Super Moderator
28,455 Posts
That's Right you got it!

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
better late than never

here's a picture of the chrome radiator grill. By the time I finally took the picture I had also added the Radiator Chrome Accent Set so here you see both.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts