Honda Goldwing Forum banner

Which ride Interests you?

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So keeping with The Maestro's idea of a Meet/Greet 2012. This is the Northeasts start. As of now we have one suggestion for the event in Ohio & one suggestion for Kentucky

Ohio- Columbus area AMA Motorcycle Hall Of Fame Museum

Kentucky- A multitude of sights (See Chopin's original thread for the list).

Again open for Ideas & discussion for the Northeast of the GWOF.

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
My vote ,so far , is for Ohio. Both have their lures, but Ohio is logistically closer to me ( it's not all about me ) for a three day ride.

·
Super Moderator
28,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My vote ,so far , is for Ohio. Both have their lures, but Ohio is logistically closer to me ( it's not all about me ) for a three day ride.
Yeah I agree with that. The Kentucky run would definitely be fun but we would be riding hard to get iit done. Especially some or the guys farther North.

Lots of time yet & still plenty of ideas out there.

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
Here's an idea...West Va....Charleston. I understand there is some tasty riding in the W V. I'm sure you guys have probably ridden that area.

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
For the southwest area, I like Dreamweaver's idea of Colorado...so many roads to ride and it's so fine to get out of Texas in the summer.

·
Super Moderator
28,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here's an idea...West Va....Charleston. I understand there is some tasty riding in the W V. I'm sure you guys have probably ridden that area
W.V. does have some great roads always enjoy riding down there. Ref why don't you do some surfing on the net to find us something to do as well. Like others have said the riding is great to do but it's nice to have a place to either visit or do something at as well.

·
Super Moderator
28,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For the southwest area, I like Dreamweaver's idea of Colorado...so many roads to ride and it's so fine to get out of Texas in the summer.
Good job willmax starting to think. You & Isaac should post to your region & get the discussion going. There are so many things in Co. to do or go to I don't know if I could choose something.

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
W.V. does have some great roads always enjoy riding down there. Ref why don't you do some surfing on the net to find us something to do as well. Like others have said the riding is great to do but it's nice to have a place to either visit or do something at as well.
Ugh...I am falling short on finding anything to compete with Bowling Green or the AMA Museum. The roads seem to be the only real draw. Maybe Chopin will know more.:)

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
Ugh...I am falling short on finding anything to compete with Bowling Green or the AMA Museum. The roads seem to be the only real draw. Maybe Chopin will know more.:)
When I think of WV three adventures come to mind : Snow Skiing , White Water Rafting and plush Retreats. Otherwise, to me, it's all about the scenery. Recently the " Darkside " riders held their annual fall " meet and greet " ride in Marlinton, WV. :http://maps.yahoo.com/#q=Marlinton,...88&lon=-79.96810913085938&zoom=11&mvt=m&trf=0 As with most meets, it was all about the riding adventure and the stories to retell.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
any new news

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
you can count me in for ohio or WV run , i can make either one

·
Super Moderator
28,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Not by me. So far we only had the 2 ideas. I think that it's still a little early but I'm up for other ideas.

Gordo PM sent

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
Not by me. So far we only had the 2 ideas. I think that it's still a little early but I'm up for other ideas.

Gordo PM sent
i dug this back up so if anyone thought of something else they could post it and we have a few new members that know nothing about this post, never know they may want to join in

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
i dug this back up so if anyone thought of something else they could post it and we have a few new members that know nothing about this post, never know they may want to join in
I am still in. I plan on doing the South Eastern and the PA/VA/MI....

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts