Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ended up with a 2006 goldwing through an estate. Black 2006 and loaded and it runs great with around 33k miles on it but due to its cover failing spent a few months outside when the brother n law fell ill, ultimately passing. Sure is smooth but not sure what I’m going to do.

Read about the brake recall and such. Anything else besides that?

·
Premium Member
6,122 Posts
Howdy and welcome from Virginia.....

Other than the recall, you should be good to go.

Maybe change the fluids if it’s been sitting a long time.

Pictures would be nice!

·
Super Moderator
28,007 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF from Pa. and just what my Va. friend said.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
9,566 Posts
Welcome to the forum from the Keystone state. Other than brake recall you might want to check on a frame recall also. Your Honda dealer will know if it's was needed or done based on the VIN#.

Ride safe and enjoy your new 2u Wing..

·
Premium Member
3,472 Posts
Not sure how long it spent outside but I’d check the tires for any signs of weather checking or rot. Congrats on the purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
14,092 Posts
Welcome to you from Mississippi. My recommendations have been mentioned; fluids, tires, then;

I would recommend a long ride to get the blood circulating.
Regular and often.

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
Welcome from Virginia

·
Registered
740 Posts
Welcome to the forum from the Keystone state. Other than brake recall you might want to check on a frame recall also. Your Honda dealer will know if it's was needed or done based on the VIN#.

Ride safe and enjoy your new 2u Wing..
I don't think the 2006 was included in the frame recall. Just 2001-2004 and some early 2005.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Welcome from the northern tier of PA. You have the advice you need to get rolling. Enjoy the forum and ride safe.

·
Administrator
26,311 Posts
Welcome. Yep, only the brake recall applies to an '06.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Working on that haha. At my dads house just trying to understand what we have and what it might need. Pics coming soon and a decision to keep it or sell it.

It really is a big smooth motorcycle.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts