Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First post here and checking things out. :D

I use to belong to another forum where if you didn't think that "their" exclusive club was all there was in life, you better go somewhere else. So, I did.

I then joined another GW forum that feels anyone that likes Harleys, BMW, Victory, etc, etc. is a moron. I'm not, so I left.

Question is..... Is this a forum that although its for lovers of GW also likes anything with 2 wheels and respects other riders ? :)

p.s. owned 95, 01, 04, 06 and now a 2010 GW

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello racer, welcome to GWOF. some here don't even have a wing but they are here. me , i'm like you on several wing forums but most comfortable here. the greatest wing is the one you ride and i like hearing about other bikes

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
First and foremost Racer, welcome to GWOF. Yes we love Goldwings here (it's why we're here after all), but we also happen to love motorcycles, period. Don't worry there's a bit of good natured banter and some soft core slagging (especially those of us that have "paint shakers" in our past history and some current ownership as well) directed at some other rides, but it's good natured and fun for the most part. We all try and help each other along with tips and fixes and share our experiences to makes each other's installs and maintenance go smoother. Great bunch of flks for sure. Enjoy the place and jump right in:cool: Where are you and what's yer current scoot?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They say a pic is worth a thousand words. 2010 GW with American Legend trailor and a 2004 HD Springer that will blow the doors off my GW. :)

I farm in east central Illinois and have been on motorcycles for 51 years. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Welcome racer, From Vermont!! Awesome looking rides you have there bud!!!

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
Once you get through the secret vetting process you will be contacted by one of our special members and if your a " go " your club card will be sent to you via certified mail.:)

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
a softtail springer, one of my favorite harleys

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
You bettcha duppa your welcome, Racer.. All makes, number of wheels and level of riders welcome here. So, welcome to the forum from Pa. Where is home for you? Nice folks on here so enjoy and ride safe...

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Welcome to the board. It's a Gold Wing board but some of US don't have a Gold Wing anymore :( and they still let us hang around. Great group of guys & gals here, and www.wingstuff.com is a great place to buy all your accessories for the new bike.

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
From one farmer to another, welcome from NW Illinois.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Welcome to the site. I have a 600cc bike that'll take care of my Wing, don't care to ride it as far as I would the Wing though:) If if wasn't for the dealership attitudes around here I probably would have got a Harley when I got back into riding. Wound up getting the Triumph America and then moved on to the Rocket lll Classic. Traded it for the Wing so the wife could be more comfy. I like all kinds of bikes. Rice burners, American made, British. Haven't come to like the Chinese or Korean bikes just yet...

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Down Under. This is my experience. 1 year on the forum without a wing, no problem. From another country, no problem. You will have different idea's to some here but that's life. The more you put in the more you will get out of it. Looking forward to your input. Eric

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
Welcome aboard from Central Texas. Joining is easy, its the tattoo that you have to get thats a pain. Enjoy :eek:

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
They say a pic is worth a thousand words. 2010 GW with American Legend trailor and a 2004 HD Springer that will blow the doors off my GW. :)

I farm in east central Illinois and have been on motorcycles for 51 years. :)
Pretty sure GW's don't have doors LOL! Great looking stable Racer. Always wad a thing for the Wideglide myself, especially once the twin cam engine made the scene. Just got to make the 'holes' a bit larger, the rods a bit longer, drop in a Baker box and swap out those staggered shorty's for a Jardine Pro and yeehaw. Don't really care for what HD did to the re-release of them tho.

·
Registered
455 Posts
First post here and checking things out. :D

I use to belong to another forum where if you didn't think that "their" exclusive club was all there was in life, you better go somewhere else. So, I did.

I then joined another GW forum that feels anyone that likes Harleys, BMW, Victory, etc, etc. is a moron. I'm not, so I left.

Question is..... Is this a forum that although its for lovers of GW also likes anything with 2 wheels and respects other riders ? :)

p.s. owned 95, 01, 04, 06 and now a 2010 GW
I have owned over 11 H-D's and and most every other brand over the years.
Now, I'm currently on my 6th Wing, and I am still here. What does that tell you about this site.
By the way, I will need to look but I may have another one or two of the so-called X brands left in the barn. Further, I have every intention of making another X brand purchase in the near future. Additionally, this is not the only forum that I belong to and enjoy.
Man, I hope I don't get tossed off this site for as they say in Texas, "fessing up". :eek:

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
We don't toss anybody for riding what they want that I know of. Jeez, if that's the case I'd bail outa here myself (colourful expletive deleted hehe). That's what makes motorcycling such a great thing, it's so diverse. Like my old signature, it's still "the same road, same wind in your face". Really, I can't be bothered with any self-righteous snob that disses someone elses ride because of the badge on the tank. Too many other brands in my past to seriously slag one or another. Shoot, I ride with predominantly HD guys, and other than a few good natured jabs (and it goes both ways), we respect each other at all times. Well, I do tease about their 'blue oval garage' pickups, but that's different (just kidding detdrbuzzard!!!)

·
Registered
455 Posts
We don't toss anybody for riding what they want that I know of. Jeez, if that's the case I'd bail outa here myself (colourful expletive deleted hehe). That's what makes motorcycling such a great thing, it's so diverse. Like my old signature, it's still "the same road, same wind in your face". Really, I can't be bothered with any self-righteous snob that disses someone elses ride because of the badge on the tank. Too many other brands in my past to seriously slag one or another. Shoot, I ride with predominantly HD guys, and other than a few good natured jabs (and it goes both ways), we respect each other at all times. Well, I do tease about their 'blue oval garage' pickups, but that's different (just kidding detdrbuzzard!!!)
+1

We like people who tell it like it is!!!

·
Super Moderator
11,816 Posts
Hello Racer, Welcome to the forum. A great bunch of folks here. If they'll let me stay, they must be!

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
I say, come here with everything but your preconceptions. The door is always open . There is enough diversity of bikes and riders here to appeal to some and be tolerated by most. Who amongst us is not a orphan looking for a home.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts