Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When visiting Fort Knox in Kentucky, we stopped to check out the tanks. For those that don't know, they seem to be a favourite place for hornets to nest. When I put my lid back on and got about 100 feet down the road, I felt a sharp stinging sensation on the very top of my head :eek:. I exerted about 1,000 lbs of pressure with my left hand, trying to jam my lid down to my knees. I'm glad I'm not allergic to wasp stings.
Another time I stopped for a coffee and when I grabbed my lid, a mouse jumped out. WTF?
Moral of the story...always check your lid prior to jamming it on your head.
Strat

·
Registered
6 Posts
When visiting Fort Knox in Kentucky, we stopped to check out the tanks. For those that don't know, they seem to be a favourite place for hornets to nest. When I put my lid back on and got about 100 feet down the road, I felt a sharp stinging sensation on the very top of my head :eek:. I exerted about 1,000 lbs of pressure with my left hand, trying to jam my lid down to my knees. I'm glad I'm not allergic to wasp stings.
Another time I stopped for a coffee and when I grabbed my lid, a mouse jumped out. WTF?
Moral of the story...always check your lid prior to jamming it on your head.
Strat
VERY good advice. Spiders are my biggest fear.

·
Super Moderator
7,667 Posts
I have had a spider in mine and I'm not a big fan of spiders either. I put my helmet in the trunk when I stop.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sound advice trike lady and one of the advantages of a trike. I was 2 wheeling it on a lenghty trip and of course, my trunk was jammed with the usual.
I believe the other Wings I passed thought it was some sort of secret GW acknowledgement, because I swear 2 of them had their left hands on top of their lids as well :)
Strat

·
Super Moderator
7,667 Posts
I did leave the helmet on the seat and a passing bird left a 'calling card' on the shell and that is another reason to stow it in the trunk.

·
Super Moderator
14,413 Posts
I did leave the helmet on the seat and a passing bird left a 'calling card' on the shell and that is another reason to stow it in the trunk.
Better on the helmet than on the seat.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I put mine in the trunk about 99.9% of the time, once in awhile when I wear my 3/4 helmet I'll put in over the right handlebar controls. My full face and flip face always goes in the trunk. (I have 3 different helmets)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts