Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanna let everyone know they should never order anything from this site. They sent me a defective part and then told me that i could not return it. Everyone be awarre; dont get caught up with this BS site!! Buy your parts else where!!!!! :mad:

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
I just wanna let everyone know they should never order anything from this site. They sent me a defective part and then told me that i could not return it. Everyone be awarre; dont get caught up with this BS site!! Buy your parts else where!!!!! :mad:
Their policy is inherent in their name. Thank you for the consumer report. We protect and serve each other here.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
What part did you order? What is their reason for not taking it back?
Most places will not let you return an electrical part. Is there a no return policy posted on their web site? If not you should be able to get your money back. Sorry to hear of your problems,

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Here is their return policy

Warranty and Return Policy
Most of the products and services available through our site are covered under the manufacturer’s warranty. If applicable, manufacturer’s warranties apply from the date of shipment. You understand that we do not operate or control the products or services offered by the manufacturers participating on our site, and you agree that under no circumstances will we be liable for any damages arising out of the failure of any manufacturer to fulfill its obligations to you under any warranty, repair, customer support or similar policies covering products and services that you may purchase through our site.
While we do not offer any warranties with respect to the products and services available through our site, we are committed to working with you to ensure that every product under warranty performs to the manufacturer’s specifications. We offer a 15 day return policy on selected items based on the manufacturer’s return policies. No returns will be accepted and all sales are final on closeout items. To return products, you must call 1-866-842-0086 or e-mail our Returns Department at [email protected] to obtain a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number before shipping your product. NO returns of any type will be accepted without an RMA number. For faster service, please have the following information on hand when calling for an RMA number: customer name, invoice or order number, SKU number, and nature of the problem. If a refund is made, it will be made in U.S. Dollars and no consideration will be given to any fluctuation in applicable exchanges rates that may occur between the time of purchase and the time any refund is credited.

To expedite the processing of your refund or credit, we ask that products be returned within 5 days of the date that we issue the RMA. All returned products MUST be 100% complete, contain ALL original boxes and packing materials, have original UPC codes on the manufacturer boxes, and contain all manuals, blank warranty and registration cards, and other accessories and documentation provided by the manufacturer. You are responsible for shipping charges on returned items; we will match your shipping method on your replacement or exchange item(s). You must insure the shipment or accept the risk of loss or damage during shipment. We strongly recommend that you fully insure your return shipment against loss or damage and that you use a carrier that can provide you with proof of delivery for your protection.

If your order arrives in a damaged condition, save the merchandise AND the original box and packing it arrived in, and notify us immediately to arrange for a carrier inspection and a pick up of the damaged merchandise.

·
Registered
129 Posts
They can do tons of "blah-blah" in order to save their ass but that does nothing if you payed with a credit card. If they sold you crap and you payed with a credit card just call the credit card company and dispute the charges for faulty merchandise.

Thanks for the warning, maybe I should order 5K worth of parts from them and when it arrives I'll just refuse the order due to the wrong color and deformation of packaging.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey there everyone. I just did a google search looking for anyone who has had problems with CheapCycleParts.com. It seems like a decent amount of people, including myself, have. Here's my story:

I recently ordered a speedometer cable from them, assuming it would be cheaper and easier as my closest honda dealer is about 30 minutes away. I read, while ordering, on their site the standard "please allow 3-5 business days to process your order." I obviously didn't pay enough attention to it because 3-5 business days for processing is insane. I placed my order some time around noon, est, on Tuesday June 15th (i think this means around 9 or 10am for them). I got a receipt in my email for the order almost immediately. Per their website, I should receive a tracking number shortly.

Fast forward to Monday, June 21st. I still had not received a tracking number, so I called first thing in the AM. I spoke to a nice young lady who told me they had received my order and it would be shipped out via fed-ex today. I was obviously a little concerned since i had ordered the part a week ago. She said they do not drop ship, and the part was not in stock so they had to order it first to their warehouse, and then ship to me. This seemed pretty out of the ordinary, but what could I do. I thanked her for her help, and she assured me i would receive a tracking number that day.

Tuesday June 22nd, I receive a tracking number by email, linking me to a USPS site mind you. When I click the link, it tells me the tracking number was invalid and to try again. I assumed it had not been updated in the system. I tried a few more times through out the day, no change.

Wednesday, June 23rd I checked the tracking number first thing and finally it had updated. The message now read "shipping information received" and then had a message about how the package had not been dropped off, but the billing info had been processed, meaning it still had not been shipped. I gave them a call and this time spoke to a man. I gave him my order number and began explaining my problem to him. I may be a little long winded, but I was literally a few seconds in to explaining my problem when he interrupted me and said "Buddy, it'll ship out today." I explained to him that my problem was only half in the slow shipping time, but also in the misinformation given by the previous rep. He was unconcerned with what the previous rep told me, more so with trying to prove to me that Wednesday was the 5th business day from my order. He explained that no matter how early you order (my assumption since i ordered in the AM) the order day doesn't count, and that the day it ships doesn't count either b/c it is out of their hands. I went into the conversation just concerned about my part, and left angry at the lack of customer service.

I then sent an email stating everything Ive said above. I got an email back explaining to me that my situation fit into their shipping guidelines, and advising me of where I can find them. No mention was made of the rude CSR, or the misinformation.

My situation isn't terrible. I got my part, it appears to be the right part. It didn't take months, or cost a fortune. To be honest, if it weren't for the customer service issues I wouldn't even be posting this today. I have had great transactions with my local dealer, and shouldn't have strayed. Lesson learned, sorry for the novel, just thought I'd throw my .02 in.

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
198Z and MikeVan, thanks for the heads up and sorry your first posts have to be about problems you encountered. Hope the rest of your experiences and posts on the board are good ones.. I personally believe that the cheapest is not always the best so I tend to stay away from dealers/sites that are little known or that I don't have personal experience with and I don't recommend those sites to others without a disclaimer that I have no personal knowledge of them or their service.

Let face it, whenever we order online and have stuff shipped we are pretty much at the mercy of the vendor to be honest and forthright in their dealings with us. That includes before and after the sale if we have a problem. It's not like a local dealer where we can walk in and talk face to face to get a problem resolved. Thanks again for the information and hope you have better luck in the future.

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
i have used them on a number of occasions with no problems.i rebuilt 2 wrecked gl1800's and ordered all the oem parts from them,saved a lot compared to local dealers,also same amount of shipping time as dealer

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yes we are at the mercy of vendors with net orders.

I have got about $5,000 worth of stuff spread over a year or so from M&Mcycle.com for my Harley and these people are good. Always the right part, well packed and shipped on the day if in stock.

Mike is a god fearing man, this makes no differance to me but it might to you.

I have only got Harley stuff from Mike & Mandy but they do all cruisers:)

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I ordered parts from them last year and every one of the parts broke within 3 weeks!! CHEAP IS THE WORD BUT NOT SO CHEAP PRICE!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts