Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.just bought a new 08 wing .in charleston sc. and riding to minot. n.dakota, on june 1st, anybody have good ideas on where to stop and check out the sites. have five days too do the trip which is a little over 1800 miles.thats going to be the first trip then fly back to alaska. come back down in aug. too drive it to washinton state

·
Super Moderator
28,441 Posts
akwing57, 1st let me welcome you to the Site from here in Northeast Pa. 2nd I'm not sure what route you're looking at but Minot is pretty high up in ND so what might be kind of cool would be to work your way in to Michigan & go over the Mackinac Bridge into the Upper Pennisula or U.P. (the residents are Yoopers, right detdrbuzzard?) take in the Soo Locks maybe even Picture Rock area but that may be a little out of your way, cross into Canada come down into ND from the top. If that's not in the cards you can never go wrong with National Parks especially South Dakota. Hope this helps & as always this is just one ole fossil's opinion. Ride Safe.

·
Super Moderator
9,847 Posts
Another welcome to the forum from the Keystone state. National parks is a good idea. Maybe some of the guys in the midwest can chime in with some ideas. Just a question, why would you want to ride to Minot, ND. I had a friend who was a postmaster and one of his areas of responsibility was Minot. He said you never want to go there in Winter. But at least the weather should be warmer... Enjoy your trip and ride safe...

·
Super Moderator
14,413 Posts
I'll second the vote for going up into Michigan and across the UP. I grew up there and it is a great place to visit. You can cross the Mackinaw bridge and take US 2 all the way to Minot. Picture Rocks up near Munising are beautiful and there are waterfalls all over that area. The Keweenaw penisula is a scenic area also, especially along Lake Superior. Going up this way above US 2 wouldn't add a whole lot to your trip. Some day I plan on taking US 2 all the way from St. Ignace, MI to Everett, WA. Have fun.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hi two wheel wing . Yea I know whynot minot My daughter and her husband live there he's in the airforce there. I live in alaska, and it might be the place too leave the bike for a bit and then fly back down in aug. with the wife, and then drive too seattle wa.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hi fossil92 thanks for the info, I never thought about going up in canada and then back down. I do want too travel on 26 to tenn, and then up from there,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts