Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, seen a few threads about the poorboy kits. can any one tell me where i can find the site for them . i got a 86 aspencade i would like to put one on. thanks smiley.:)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Smiley
I do not have the info you need but would like to ask you to let me know how it works out and looks if you do put one on. I also have a 86 aspencade I just bought a week ago last Staurday and found out this last Saturday the stator is fried. So I am trying to decide between pulling the motor to replace the stator or go with the poorbor conversion.
Thanks
Jerry

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
send don an email had he will reply back to you with the price

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the info guys, just sent don a e-mail for a price. looks a lot faster to put the kit on then pulling the motor to change the stator. want to put some xtra lights on bike, with the alternator wont have to worry about the stator burning out. thanks again smiley.:)

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Good luck to you smiley, let us know what transpires.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just got a 1800 A goldwing and I love it but have a question about add ons , first I want to add a battery tender is there any problem in doing this like sysmtem crashes or having to reset everything or the fear of burning the bike up @ want to add a gps any problems about discharge or hooking up to the acc ? this is my fist goldwing and don`t want to screw it up but don`t want to spend a ton of money either I don`t have that much any thoughts would be great thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hows everybody doing...I have a 1975 GL1000 and I am having a starting problem. I have put a new battery and a new starter back a few months ago, it started good for a while and then it just wouldn't turn over. so I had a warrenty on the starter so I got a new one. It started good for 2 weeks , now it won't start again, it won't even turn over. I have 12.5 volts going to my starter when you hit the start button, still won't start. I have ran a hot wire from the battery to the starter ,with it being grounded and the starter won't turn over. Have I gotten another bad New Starter? The motor is not locked up,I road it all weekend and it would turn over Monday afternoon. Is there anyone out there that can Help me.

Thank You

1 - 8 of 8 Posts