Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started my 84 Interstate and noticed it wasnt charging at all. I jumped on it and in about two minutes it jumped up to 14.5 voltes and stayed there until I pulled up to a light. Then while at idol it went down to 12.5 maybe 13 volts. When I got back up to speed everything was fine again. This has never happened to me before on this bike. I bought this 2 yrs ago and have the work order wheh the stator was replaced at the honda dealership. They also did the hard wire thing too. The battery is going on its second season and was stored inside all winter off the bike. I charged it a little before hooking it up and never had a problem since. I have a aftermarket volt meter installed and it has always worked gr8. Ya think I got a problem? or ya think I`m freakin out?

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
recheck the battery, i had one less than a year old that had a hard time starting my 1200. when the stator was changed did they replace the regulator

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bike always fires when i hit the start button. Put a new volt regulator on last spring.I noticed that when it starts the light on the volt meter does not come on. It does light up and begins to show output after about a minute or two. Also there is no dimming of lights or slow turn signals while the meter isnt showing anything. When it does start to work all lights and signals stay as before.

·
Registered
91 Posts
If you can't see any difference in the brightness of your lights, I suspect you have a problem with the voltmeter more than your electric system..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts