Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Charging Battery?

3K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Cantankerous 
#1 ·
Can I charge the battery while its in bike hooked up?

#3 ·
I have a battery tender hooked to my bike whenever it is in the garage.

#4 · (Edited)
Get a battery tender and you get a lead that hooks to your battery and then you just plug in the tender to it when you park it.
Look at the side of my concours, you can see the lead hanging there. It was installed by the dealer I got the bike from.

#5 ·
Okay Joe, you got me. Maybe my eyes are not what they once were. Put a piece of yellow tape on that sucker so I can see it.. LOL... By the way, how's that baby running?

#8 ·
Here's what I've got for mine: Honda Optimate 3 charger (p/n 31670-BMS-004) and the SAE 51 pig tail harness. Pig tail goes on the battery posts and then just plug in the optimate. I have a pig tail on the RZR and the two sleds as well. Keeps everything right up to snuff at all times. The optimate is a fantastic unit, de-sulfates and re-energizes the battery to just like new (won't fix one that's had the biscuit though). I also have a battery tender so I can do two units at once. Use the b/t on the RZR in the winter and the O-3 on the Wing, then use one on one sled and one on the other in the summer months. Saves batteries and $$.

#9 ·
But Joe,

It's a Kawasaki, there's always wires hanging!!

(Please don't shoot me.) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.