Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you put your turn signal on the white light on the bottom lights up on the side that you are turning but I have seen many Goldwings that have them on at all times and I think it is safer to be seen with more lights facing forward.
How do I go about doing this?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey Snowhawk,

I see you are riding a 1990 1500. Here is what I did for my 97SE. The 98's and above have this feature built in.

Each socket uses a bulb that has 2 filaments but Honda cut the second lead on each bulb socket so only the turn signal lights up. I wired in the second lead to a switch which goes to a hot wire then a ground to complete everything. This gives me running lights by the switch and when the turn signal is activated, the second filament lights up so it's a bit brighter. If I turn off the switch, I only get the turn signal.

Hope this helps
Toy4rick

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
. First locate the relays for the cornering lights. They are located under the fairing lower panels. On some models they may be both on the same side. Follow the wiring from the relays to the connector blocks. On the bikes side of the loom locate the light blue/white wire for one side of the bike and orange/white wire for the other side. Cut these wires and the cornering lights will come on when the ignition is switched on. If you put a small switch on each wire you can switch back to cornering light operation whenever you want. The wires draw less than one amp, so low current switches will do.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts