Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
May someone tell me the correct procedure for changing the front lowbeam on 2008 Honda Goldwing. I read that I could the part from a autoparts store and the bulb is a H7. The last time I went to replace the bulb on my 1998 wing, I had such a difficult time with finding the correct bulb with the correct notches cut. I read the bulb must have a ST after the number for M/C use only!

Thank you,

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
The bulb is an H7 and both hi and lo beams are the same. part # (Honda Canada) is 34901-MAT-611. Retail up here is $22.55 so likely around $18 USD. Your automotive should be able to cross reference the Honda number and come up with a sub or replacement that is correct. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I just replaced one of my low beams two nights ago. The bulb is an H7 but I forgot about the ceramic adapter on the bulb that comes off..

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Budoka - You just know everything. Do lights burn out often on our bikes? Should I carry a spare?

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Nah, that's my wife that knows everything:D (we need a tongue in cheek smilie). I've never burnt a bulb in any of my Wings; oooh I shouldn't have said that. So I don't carry spares, All 4 front bulbs are H7's so it sorta makes sense to carry one I guess.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I've had a couple bulb failures in the last few years, but I wouldn't bother carring a spare with you but maybe have one in the garage. Since goldwings have more than one headlight you can get by if one fails. Don't touch the glass!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts