Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a new owner of a used 1999 Gold wing. the lower left fog light is burned out. is there a simple way to get to the bulb?

·
Super Moderator
9,995 Posts
This was posted by Joe in Calf a while back. Should help.

Go here
http://www.bikebandit.com/houseofmo...ial-edition-gl1500se/o/m151442#sch23012Remove The bulb is a double filament so you can turn the base of the socket around and be able to use the other side of the bulb. You can't turn the bulb around because the groves are different. Click on the picture and hold the mouse button down and you can move the picture around

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
If you are talking about the lights in the lower front corner of the fairing. The answer is not really. You have to remove the following.'
The lower front cowling.
The panel above lower front cowling
the fairing edge trim that covers the edge of the side fairings and the panels for the CB on the left and the Air control panel on the right.
The the side fairing marker lights/reflectors
The the front side fairing panel will come off and you can get at the bulbs.
Not real hard just a lot of stuff to take off to replace a bulb. While your at it might just as well replace the bulbs in both lights.

·
Super Moderator
12,270 Posts
Didn't know 1500s came with 'fog' lights.

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
The SE has some sort of cornering light set up I think. I added amber lights there to my Aspencade and wired them in to work as marker lights and Turn signal. Some and just put clear lights in there.

·
Super Moderator
12,270 Posts
They are cornering lights, that when a modification is made, will stay on all the time. The O.P. states, "the lower left fog light is burned out". Just a little confusing when I'm hot and tired, I guess.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
up to 97 they were turning lights, they came on when you activated your turn signals. In 98 Honda made them running lights, not fog lights, just running lights. some have rewired the earlier ones to be running lights. To answer the original question, the side fairing does have to come off but it's a big deal to take it off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts