Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not as cheap as Mz. Vickie, but I do believe that " you can do it " if you want to. I just purchased the cheap version of the MityVac fluid changer at Sears and will start with the clutch fluid change first. Remember: The Fool learns from his own mistakes; the Wise Man from the mistakes of the Fool.

·
Premium Member
17,146 Posts
The clutch fluid on the 1800 isn't a big deal to change, But as I understand there is a sequence for the brakes. If I'm not mistaken each caliper has a couple bleeder valves and they must be bled in the proper sequence, just in case you weren't aware.
From the Northwest Corner
Ron

·
Premium Member
23,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The clutch fluid on the 1800 isn't a big deal to change, But as I understand there is a sequence for the brakes. If I'm not mistaken each caliper has a couple bleeder valves and they must be bled in the proper sequence, just in case you weren't aware.
From the Northwest Corner
Ron
Yes sir, Ron. I have read that on this forum some time back. That's why I chose the clutch fluid first. I want to give this MityVac a try. The old tried and true method of someone pumping the pedal and someone operating the bleeder valve will be plan " B ".

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Post your results Chopin, we're breathless with anticipation. Cover EVERYTHING with drop cloths in the area before filling the fluid, that stuff's is kryptonite to paint and brightwork.:eek:

·
Premium Member
23,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Changed the clutch fluid today. " Junior " stopped by for some free food so I took advantage of him. He manned the bleeder valve and I worked the vacuum pump and reservoir. Almost went flawless. Our timing was a little off and I let the reservoir run dry. Luckily, I bought two bottles of DOT 4 brake fluid. Well at least I know that all of the fluid in the line is new.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Pays to be prepared don't it?:D

·
Premium Member
23,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pays to be prepared don't it?:D
My intention was to buy one can for the clutch and one can for the brakes. Now I see the error in my calculations: two cans for the clutch and maybe a gallon for the brakes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts