Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished replacing the Air cleaner on my 2012 wing, all done and no parts missing or left over Yea. Also put in new Spark Plugs, have 16,000 on it and the filter was getting dirty might have made it to 18,000 miles.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Thats my next project air filter and plugs. Early spring the pine and oak pollen are so thick that the ponds have a green cover.Did you use a stock filter or K&N? I'll use a K&N. I have it in everything else.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Air Filter

Thats my next project air filter and plugs. Early spring the pine and oak pollen are so thick that the ponds have a green cover.Did you use a stock filter or K&N? I'll use a K&N. I have it in everything else.
I used the Honda Filter, thought about a K&N had one it my last bike but couldn't really tell any diffrence. We have the pollen problem here also will have a greenish yellow all over everything. Ride Safe and Ride A Lot.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Air Filter

Learned a lot about changing the filter for the 1st time, next time it won't take as long. Had the service manual to use and Fred's DVDs they are worth every penny. Glad I did it took time to clean up some things that the dealer would never had done. Ride Safe.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Air Filter and Plugs

Just finished replacing the Air cleaner on my 2012 wing, all done and no parts missing or left over Yea. Also put in new Spark Plugs, have 16,000 on it and the filter was getting dirty might have made it to 18,000 miles.
I see you're having fun on the 2012 Wing, wow 16,000 miles. I thought I was doing a lot of riding, my 2010 Wing, will have 15,000 miles on it when I return from Daytona next week.

I going to get out my Wing Manual as soon as I finish this post. Your post reminded me that I have'nt thought about changing the air filter or plugs...who knows what else I may have forgot about. :)

Thanks for Post, I appreciate information I may have overlooked concerning my Wing. Ride Safe
T-Rex

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Air Cleaner

I see you're having fun on the 2012 Wing, wow 16,000 miles. I thought I was doing a lot of riding, my 2010 Wing, will have 15,000 miles on it when I return from Daytona next week.

I going to get out my Wing Manual as soon as I finish this post. Your post reminded me that I have'nt thought about changing the air filter or plugs...who knows what else I may have forgot about. :)

Thanks for Post, I appreciate information I may have overlooked concerning my Wing. Ride Safe
T-Rex
Thanks for the reply. Yep been riding a lot took a 10 state trip out west,had a great time that's where most the miles came from plus a trip to the Tx Coast and one to north Mo. Anyway have a good day and ride safe.

·
Premium Member
24,520 Posts
Air filter due for me as well. As with most maintenance things, it's the apprehension rather than the actual doing.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Getting my Wing ready for the "Big" ride (Est 10,000 miles) in May 2012 if all goes well. I cannot perform mechanical chores on my Wing due to physical disability and my mental inability to take things apart and put them back together. Fortunately V-Twin in Grant, FL works on Wings and has maintained my bike since purchased. Thanks to Johnnie 1 I researched my Wing manual and determined I needed to have a few thins done before my trip. Oil, filters (air and oil), drive shaft, coolant, oil breather, plugs, probablly tires and a new ass because mine's cracked. :) That's all folks!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Trip

Getting my Wing ready for the "Big" ride (Est 10,000 miles) in May 2012 if all goes well. I cannot perform mechanical chores on my Wing due to physical disability and my mental inability to take things apart and put them back together. Fortunately V-Twin in Grant, FL works on Wings and has maintained my bike since purchased. Thanks to Johnnie 1 I researched my Wing manual and determined I needed to have a few thins done before my trip. Oil, filters (air and oil), drive shaft, coolant, oil breather, plugs, probablly tires and a new ass because mine's cracked. :) That's all folks!!
Wow sounds like you have a good ride coming up don't think I will beable to do another trip like the first but some small ones this summer by small I mean 500 and back. Maybe one to the coast will see. Anyway hope you have a great time ride safe.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Last of the Big Rides

Wow sounds like you have a good ride coming up don't think I will beable to do another trip like the first but some small ones this summer by small I mean 500 and back. Maybe one to the coast will see. Anyway hope you have a great time ride safe.
This will probably be the last of my Big Rides on a two wheeler due to my increasing disabilities. My last hurah so to speak before I'm unable to get around without a walker:D I'll be going into a financial hole to complete the trip but it'll be worth it. When I return I'm hoping to have my knees replaced, while I'm in recovery, if things go well, my Wing will be Triked. I plan on riding until I take the big dirt nap. :)

Ride Safe,
Mike

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This will probably be the last of my Big Rides on a two wheeler due to my increasing disabilities. My last hurah so to speak before I'm unable to get around without a walker:D I'll be going into a financial hole to complete the trip but it'll be worth it. When I return I'm hoping to have my knees replaced, while I'm in recovery, if things go well, my Wing will be Triked. I plan on riding until I take the big dirt nap. :)

Ride Safe,
Mike
Have fun and stay safe hope it all works out for you Im 65 and have had a pretty serious heart attack but I keep riding hope the day never comes that I can't. Were are you planning on going on your trip?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Est 10,000 Mile Trip

Have fun and stay safe hope it all works out for you Im 65 and have had a pretty serious heart attack but I keep riding hope the day never comes that I can't. Were are you planning on going on your trip?
You may be sorry you asked. :) I'm starting out in Indian River County, FL going north Ellijay, Ga. I'll be riding in the local area for about three weeks, nephew and niece and friends will ride the Blue Ridge for 4 days and of course we'll do the Tail of the Dragon, The Hell Bender, Cherohalla (spelling ?), Maggie Valley, Helen, Ga any and most small towns in the area. Departing Ellijay for Chatanooga, TN on 30 May for military reunion, after a few days I'll head for Dayton, OH to visit another niece and her family. Two days later I'm on my way to Almont, MI for a ten day layover. Then East, I'll enter Canada at Sarnia and ride to Niagra Falls and eventually I'll end up in up-state New York. I'll layover there for about 2 weeks and make rides to Maine, Mass, New Hampshire, Veromont and a few places in between. Now I'll head West across Canada back to Almont, MI. After a few days I'll head North towards the Straits of Mackenac then West over the top of Lake Michigan and then South towards Iowa. Plan on spending a couple days in Decorah, Iowa and then I'm riding West: the Dakotas, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, Colorado, N. Mex, Tx, etc, however I haven't planned the entire route yet. When I finish exploring the West I'll mosy Eastward towards Florida. Departing in May 2012 and returning in late August 2012...if all works out. :)

This trip will be my biggest challenge to date and I'm looking forward to it:D I can't walk to well, but I can sure ride. This trip I'm going to try to limit myseld to 8hr riding days...no more 13 and 14 hr days. :) I will try to post my progress as I cross the country. If I learn how to post pics by then, I will. :) That's all for now, Later All.
Oh, Daytona, FL this weekend just for a day trip though!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Trip

You may be sorry you asked. :) I'm starting out in Indian River County, FL going north Ellijay, Ga. I'll be riding in the local area for about three weeks, nephew and niece and friends will ride the Blue Ridge for 4 days and of course we'll do the Tail of the Dragon, The Hell Bender, Cherohalla (spelling ?), Maggie Valley, Helen, Ga any and most small towns in the area. Departing Ellijay for Chatanooga, TN on 30 May for military reunion, after a few days I'll head for Dayton, OH to visit another niece and her family. Two days later I'm on my way to Almont, MI for a ten day layover. Then East, I'll enter Canada at Sarnia and ride to Niagra Falls and eventually I'll end up in up-state New York. I'll layover there for about 2 weeks and make rides to Maine, Mass, New Hampshire, Veromont and a few places in between. Now I'll head West across Canada back to Almont, MI. After a few days I'll head North towards the Straits of Mackenac then West over the top of Lake Michigan and then South towards Iowa. Plan on spending a couple days in Decorah, Iowa and then I'm riding West: the Dakotas, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, Colorado, N. Mex, Tx, etc, however I haven't planned the entire route yet. When I finish exploring the West I'll mosy Eastward towards Florida. Departing in May 2012 and returning in late August 2012...if all works out. :)

This trip will be my biggest challenge to date and I'm looking forward to it:D I can't walk to well, but I can sure ride. This trip I'm going to try to limit myseld to 8hr riding days...no more 13 and 14 hr days. :) I will try to post my progress as I cross the country. If I learn how to post pics by then, I will. :) That's all for now, Later All.
Oh, Daytona, FL this weekend just for a day trip though!!
Man and I thought I had a big trip covering 10 states we mostly headed west and had a great time. Keep us posted if you can on your trip. Sounds like a once in a lifetime trip. enjoy and ride safe.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.