Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum.

I just bought a GW1800 2012 model late last year and my location is in Malaysia, SE Asia, between Thailand and Singapore. The GW already comes with a North America map.

As I was told that the Honda GW uses a Garmin system although I am not sure which and what model, I went to a local distributor and bought the latest update of SE Asia maps.

When I went to replace it, an Error message was displayed. Am I doing the right thing?

I like to sort this out as I have a long trip to Phuket, Thailand in the first week of April for the Phuket Bike Festival, the biggest show in SE Asia.

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
23,794 Posts
Razlan. I'm going to stretch the forum rules here a bit in an effort to expedite a possible answer to your question. I'm providing a link to a web site that has a 2012 specific discussion group. No guarantees they can help, but these new riders are dealing with the currant quirks and changes on the 2012 model. You will have to register. Here is the direct link to that sub forum:http://****************************...*********************************************

·
Super Moderator
28,505 Posts
;)Busted....;)

·
Super Moderator
28,505 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,505 Posts
He doesn't get out of bed for another hour or so. Shall I have him contact you????;)

·
Administrator
25,936 Posts
See what can be accomplished with harmonized thoughts and deeds?:cool::D:p

·
Administrator
25,936 Posts
BTW Razlan, European maps won't load into the N/A system, I wouldn't be surprised if the Aisian maps won't either, unless your bike was manufactured for Asia:(

·
Banned
7 Posts
If you can't get it going, I would say don't waste too much money or time on the stock unit.. just attach a Zumo 660 to the left handlebar... I use the bike's GPS as an area map, but to ME, it's useless because I can't use it while riding. I know you can do a mod where you attach a switch and to make it think the bike is stopped, but that's too much trouble for me.

When I'm traveling which is when I use the Wing, and my fuel is around 2/3 empty, I like to hit the Fuel icon on the GPS and see how close or how far I am from the next gas station and decide if I should pull over and refuel at the first station I see, or if I can go a little longer... I can't do that with the bike's GPS without stopping..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I bought the City Navigator for SE Asia NT yesterday and slot it in. An error message came up. So is it confirmed then that you cannot change the map? I read somewhere in this forum or others that a UK Winger managed to do it.

·
Administrator
25,936 Posts
It's possible that a Euro version can be updated with the Aisian maps, but North American models will not (according to my Honda Canada techs anyway)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts