Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The "OD" light is out on my '98 Aspy. Anyone know how to get to it?
I will be replacing front speakers this week so will have the front tore down.

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
I Had a couple burn out on my dash this past summer. And changed them all while I was at it. Once you have it strip down to get the speakers out there a I 4 or 6 screws holding the dash in place. Here is a tip I discovered, you have to disconnect the speedometer to get the dash out. the hard part is getting your hand in there to do it.
I found if you remove the left rotor cover and disconnect the speedometer cable from the axle drive you can get a few more inches of slack at the top end to get your hand in there to disconnect the cable from the dash.
I didn't replace the turn signal bulbs but I did replace the rest, I'll get you the bulb numbers in the morning. Cost about $20.00 for all the bulbs.
From the Northwest Corner.
Ron

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Ron you have been a great help.

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
Good Morning Digger: For the 1.7 watt bulbs ( High Beam,Over drive,Cruise set,cruise on, plus a couple more) I used the 658 bulb, not the exact wattage but close. And for the 3.4 watt bulbs (Neutral,Reverse,Side Stand,Low fuel,Oil pressure,speedometer,Tach) I used the 158 bulb again not the exact wattage but very close. I bought these at the local NAPA store. If you are going to replace all the bulbs while you got it tore down, buy a box of 10 of each one of these, you'll use just about all of them, it is way cheaper by the box then buying the bubble packs of two.
There a few that when you take them out the have what looks like a blue Condom on them if you are real careful you might be able to get them off with out tearing them, I was able to save one or two but the rest tore, no big deal, your panel will just be brighter.
If you go to Honda for Condom replacement ones,take the deed to your house and the title to your car. I been told they are very pricey:eek:
One more thing to consider. Replace the Phillips screws that hold the mirrors on with bolts. Using a nut drive to tighten and loosen is a lot easier, just a thought.
From the Northwest Corner
Ron

·
Registered
102 Posts
You can't just reach up from underneath between the forks and that bottom edge below the gauges...? I thought I read somewhere where someone did that...

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
There are a few along the bottom edge you can get too by removing those plastic fillers that filler the area between the fork and the radio and are attached to the radio.
Since Golddigger was going to have the dash torn down to replace the front speakers and had the OD light burned out. I suggested that he change out all the bulbs while he had it torn down.
From the Northwest Corner.
Ron

1 - 6 of 6 Posts