Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
kinda baffeled, bike will charge sometimes. Ive seen 14.5 once, bike will run with batt disconnected, but goes dead on long rides, I did a stator once will not do again, different bike, most of the time full charge lasts for about 400 miles but occationally will show charge, hope it could be rectifier, or some other problem, redid, wires, so any sugestions will help. thanks mike

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Hi Mike and welcome.

There are some good mechanics here. sounds like something is slowly pulling the charge down or a loose wire somewhere to me. Maybe a relay going bad. Help those who are good with electricals by telling us what you are riding and what year.
The order of events are critical for a quick diagnosis.

• any recent add ons
  • any recent repairs
  • which wires did you replace, did you check to see if these got crossed or loose, or bad connection, like a bad ground. also, why did you replace the wires?
  • did you have the battery checked
  • did you check the leads on battery, are they tight

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
If it's a 1500 it could be the brushes are getting sticky or the alternator on the verge of dieing. How many miles are on it, ,make and model.
From the Northwest Corner
Ron

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
Hmmmm as stated above much more info needed it is.......

I would start by checking all the wire connections to make sure you have a good ground.

·
Super Moderator
15,237 Posts
Hmmmm as stated above much more info needed it is.......

I would start by checking all the wire connections to make sure you have a good ground.
like what year wing he's riging

1 - 6 of 6 Posts