Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody used these Centrimatic balancers? The guy on ebay is claiming double tire life. If it is true they would be worth the $275

·
Registered
39 Posts
I got them on my 2010 GW and I'm not sure if the ride is smoother or not.. I think its about the same as having a good wheel balancing done :confused: As for the tire life, That remains to be seen... I've only got 2500 miles on the tires with the balancers.

Bingo :cool:

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
I have a set, but waiting for a tire change before I install them. I'd seriously question "double" the tire life, but I would certainly believe that there will be an improvement, since the balancers adjust for tire wear all along the life of the tire where wheel weights do not. I've read lots of very positive comments about the feel of the bike inproving with them so time will tell. As for the cost, you have to balance every time you re-tire so eventually they pay for themselves.

·
Super Moderator
9,845 Posts
I am always skeptical about the "double the life" statements or claims. From what I've read here and on other forums the Centrimatic balancers work very well in smoothing out the ride similar to the ceramic beads that are put inside the tires. They may help with squirming which can cause premature wear, but I don't believe they double the mileage of the tire.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My 01 has new E3's installed by the dealer and it seems a little bounce at times. If the ceramic beads are just as good they are quite a bit cheaper.

·
Super Moderator
9,845 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,767 Posts
My local riding bud and a forum member here has recently added the Centramatics . I am using the Dyna-Beads ( ceramic beads ) in the rear tire at the moment. Now I run a car tire on my rear wheel so it takes 3 oz. The motorcycle tires I believe take 2 oz. each. Here is one web site for the Dyna -Beads: http://www.shop.shinhopples.com/product.sc?productId=514&categoryId=58 If I had $300 to spend at my discretion, I would get the Centramatic balancers .

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Save for the first 1500 miles, the tires that I have on now have had the Centramatics and are doing extremely well for a set that has 15,000+ miles on them. They are E3's. btw.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Centramatics

:)I had the Centramatics installed when the stock tires wore out at 12k. Put on E-3s and Centramatics. The ride was extremely smooth and I never have to have my rims screwed up again with weights. The E-3s only lasted about 15k, so I think there is much "windage" in any claim to double tire life. Running Bridgestone 704/709 combination now, and love them. They're very quiet, smooth and grip well. Much better than E-3s, and NO front end wobble - can't even make the front end wobble, attributed solely to the Stones.

·
Registered
20 Posts
When I sat down and added up how many Dyna Beads I can buy for the cost of the Centramatics I opted for the Dyna beads.
They seem to work very well in my TRIKE (2 ounces in front and 3 ounces in rear tires on a TRIKE or 2 ounces front and back on a Goldwing).

·
Registered
232 Posts
Just took my set to the dealer today and he is installing them when the new E3s go on my '10.... picking it up tomorrow and anxious to see how it preforms - now and over time. I got almost 13,000 out of the OEMs and and looking to do better than that with the centramatics and E3s.

Well, I can tell you one thing - this Wing is a blast to ride now! I can't tell what made the change - that is the bad thing about changing more than one thing at a time, and I know how good new skins feel - but I can't think that had made the only difference.

Here is what I know - my motorcycle is soooo much fun to drive now. It seems like it is on a rail in the curves and rock solid through out. I don't mind saying that I was disappointed in the ride of my Wing until now. Something has made a tremendous difference - and I actually believe the Centramatics have something to do with that. Also, slow speed turns and maneuvering are more of an enjoyable experience - instead of a chore.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Another tire comment, don't know about the Centramatics, but I do have some experience with Dynabeads. My Bridgestone 704/709 tires were mounted with the beads 12,000 miles ago, they are nearing the end of their life now, however they continue to ride great and there is no front end wobble. Based on this experience I plan to run the same combination next time. Dyna recommends 2oz per tire. The beads are small enough to go in through the valve stem.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have experience with the dyna beads, and they were OK, but when I had tires changed, they got thrown away, changer didn't believe in them, or ask me about saving them.

So I put some miles on the new tires (Avon Cobra) and they started cupping immediately front and rear with just good balancing. I added the Centramatics, and on used tires (no other changes) I felt a difference right out the door (as soon as over about 25 mph). Smoother at all speeds. The cupping has not gotten worse over another couple thousand miles, so I can believe that these may extend tire life, but like many others, I don't believe doubling. But if it helps prevent the cupping front and rear, it is well worth it.

Oh, and my E3's were getting some cupping with the dyna beads. The next test will be to put new tires on with the Centramatics and see if it cups again.

But I love my Centramatics for now.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts